Thirteen

Daehwi woke up as he felt something sharp insert his skin. He looked over to see Jonghyun pushing in the syringe. Before he can react, he was pinned down by Dongho.

"Don't move, this is medicine that you'll need."

Aron spoke to Daehwi, Daehwi did as he was told but had to hold back the screaming. He felt relief once the syringe was removed. Daehwi sat not realizing there was a frozen ice pack on his forehead. He felt something extremely cold made contact on his stomach and thighs. He may or may not have thrown it across the room.

"Daehwi, before you do anything else. Can you explain to me about that one eye?"

"One.. eye?"

Daehwi questioned as he point at his eyes, Dongho leaned over and pointed at the left one.

"This eye, I checked you earlier, I just happened to see the glow from it."

"I don't know, after seeing Jinyoung for the second time, I've been getting these symptoms when I'm unconscious."

"So this isn't the first time."

Daehwi shook his head, he then remembered the first time when he and Jinyoung got close to each other and started to feel the headache. The second time was worse than the first now that Daehwi thought about it. Was it because he and Jinyoung were close to one and another? Or was it just warning Daehwi of the other's danger..? Not helped but to think negatively, he found the opportunity to leave the room. He jumped out of bed and forced himself to change form as he ran out of the room with everyone else chasing behind him. As if Daehwi is knowing where to go... he just do. He somehow managed to get a small memory leak off Jinyoung so of course that's where he gained his destination.

Jinyoung woke up, unable to move his arms and legs. He checked his surrounding but was in vain as he was only under darkness. Silence only passed as Jinyoung's breathing was audible. Jinyoung can feel the rope on his arms and legs. He wants to get out of them in order for himself to not grow sore.

"Man, do they really take this long to come check on me? Last time I checked that idiot came in within a second."

Jinyoung complained to himself as he just wait for the door to open up. He played around with the rope with his fingers trying to loosen it. He heard footsteps outside and stopped playing with the rope. The footstep stopped, the door opened slowly, it was surely someone that Jinyoung wasn't expecting. The person ran to him quickly and pulled him in a hug tightly.

"Dae-Daehwi.. what- what are you doing here?"

"Saving your butt, don't do that to me ever."

"How.. how did you get through everyone?"

Daehwi pulled away and raised up one of his half changed paw showing Jinyoung.

"You killed them?!"

"Better than being dragged away."

"W-What.. you know you putting us in greater danger right?"

"Yeah.. I know."

Daehwi went around Jinyoung and loose the knot on the rope. He took the rope off from both his wrists and ankles. He picked up Jinyoung wrapping one arm around his shoulders.

"Come on, we need to get out of here be-"

"Ah, what do we have here? The omega and the savior Alpha."

The boss said appearing at the door in front of the two. Daehwi didn't move, the boss seemed familiar in his eyes too. As the boss approached them, he tried to grab hold of Daehwi's chin but Daehwi turned away rejecting his touch.

"Stubborn as always. Don't think on escaping now."

More footsteps came audible, Daehwi slowly started to move backwards with Jinyoung hiding in with the dark.

"Come now, I've been wanting to feed you something."

"Don't.. he put something in the food.."

Jinyoung muttered quietly but loud enough for Daehwi to hear.

"As if I was going to eat his food."

Daehwi responded in a whisper, before the boss can say anymore the scientist that Daehwi hated showed up in a panic.

"Sir! The others- those test subjects are dying!"

"What?! What do you mean dying?!"

"I don't know! It was sudden, after giving them the pills, their body have been breaking down making them feel even weaker."

"What are you doing here then? Get back there and fix it!"

"Yes, sir!"

The scientist bowed quickly and ran off, the boss turned around but lost sight of Daehwi and Jinyoung. Lets just say, Daehwi found something broken in the wall and managed to fit through. He broke the wall a bit more for Jinyoung to squeeze through. Daehwi digged the way out, he paused here and there for Jinyoung to rest.

"Did you catch what they said?"

Jinyoung asked as Daehwi only shook his head, he had only thought of escaping.

"Daehwi.. I'm dying slowly."

"Dying? That's a strong word you know hyung. Look at you, you don't seem like you are."

"Those pills, I heard other test subjects like us were dying already. It's all only because of the pill."

"You'll get through it, I know you can."

Daehwi said comforting the latter who is worried about his future fate. Jinyoung let out his tears silently as he laid his head on Daehwi's shoulder.

"What should I do? There's nothing for us to stop this from happening."

"Hyung, right now. This may not be a good time to think about it but let us continue and escape okay?"

Jinyoung nodded lightly before letting Daehwi continue digging. Jinyoung sat back wondering about his afterlife. They traveled their way out, Daehwi digged upwards and found themselves in a forest. Daehwi helped Jinyoung out before wrapping one arm around his shoulder.

"Let's get back go your house, I'm sure the other hyungs and Hyunsuk is waiting."

They took off slowly on a roadside in the dark, this time, it was calm and peaceful. Something the two never received after so long together.