Day #1

I found this diary in a house  I was looting in. I'm going to write in it. Maybe after I die someone will find it and I don't know, treasure it? Anyways here it goes......

We went over a bridge today. It was pretty cold, it's nearly September. We saw no dead, but happened to see lots of body's on the ground. We stumbled upon a hospital, it smelled like death.

We found a few bandages and supplies. While I was checking the rooms, I found a teddy bear. It reminded me of the day it all happened. The way I felt about the whole thing, it was so confusing. Memories of me and my mom were coming back.

I remember me getting up in the morning, getting ready to go to school. My mom told me she finally got an interview with that big company. I remember congratulating her on her score.

I went to school, just normal like it always was. Around 9:30 am, an alarm rang through out the town, one I never heard before.

A teacher ran in the room and told everyone to run and leave. I was confused, then scared. Mrs. Kate  told everyone to follow her, unfortunately, I didn't.

I ran out into the hallway, through the teachers lounge, and out the emergency door. I ran my little heart out to my house. On the way there, I heard screams of pain and agony.

I finally got to my house, I saw my mom dozed off on the couch. I pulled on her shirt and started screaming. She instantly woke up and calmed me down, I told her to turn on the news.

She kept asking what was wrong, and I kept telling her to turn the news on. She listened and with concern, we both paid attention to the screen. I couldn't believe my ears, it felt like a dream, a dream I couldn't wake up from.

My mom shook me telling me we had to run, I was still so in my thoughts, I wasn't listening. I heard a loud bang and the door flew open, it was our neighbors Mr. And Mrs. Frank. Mr. Frank was holding a shotgun and told us we had to run.

We ran outside were he had his truck on, ready to get away. I was walking to the car, I immediately fell to the ground, and heard a loud screech in my ear. It was Mrs. Dubai, she lived a few houses down. She was attacking me.

She wasn't normal, she was one of them. I heard a loud bang, it was Mr. Frank . He shot her, he killed her. I started crying, my mom picked me up and put me in the truck.

Mr. Frank drove off and I looked back, to my horror, I saw fire, panic, and death. My mom held me and told me everything would be okay, I believed her.

We eventually ran out of gas, Mr. Frank left to go get some but he never came back. Mrs. Frank went looking for him but also never came back. Me and my mother assumed they had both gotten killed.

We went on our journey to go New York, passing through bandit huts and the dead. Mr. Frank told us that new York had a wall protecting them. My mom didn't last very long, she passed away the bandits got her but left me alone, because only one of us could live.

I was by myself for a while. Until I found another girl, she's the same age as me. Her name is Mary, Mary Emerson.