PART ONE

Time is ticking.

As the day of ascension nears, he felt his powers dwindling, slowly, excruciatingly, the threads of desires and motives that aligned themselves once so perfectly in his mind, becoming entangled bit by bit, and he had to put effort and time to disentangle them so that he saw clearly once more.

Others are experiencing the same. But it is as expected.

The sorceress that once governed this land had given them with only a four-year span of powers for their sovereignty to continue. And now only a year remained.

He had to think of something, a plan, or a loophole, to extend their time—but what can it be?

Just the thought of losing his powers filled him with a sense of dread, the grey clouds of trepidation inflating, expanding, and constricting him whole until he yearned to lease it all, this power of his, to create a world of puppets, all of his to control.

But then, almost like his threads had aligned perfectly once more, an idea came upon him.

With this superhuman manipulation abilities of his, he could prompt his people to do anything. Why not use them to sustain his powers?

He turned to his fellow leaders, their gazes downcast with despair. Not anymore.

“I have a plan.” He declared.

And it begins to set in motion.

---------------------------------------------------------