Chapter 2

**Kevin's POV**

It had been an hour since we arrived here and I thought of leaving a couple of times but just looking at Lesha's heart-melting smile and that super cute eyes stopped me and I was also guarding the babies in the play room. There are eight babies about the age of 3-6, I'm just glad they aren't like my brother, the king of energetic babies.

"Seems like you've got everything under control." Someone said which made me look up. It was Lesha, bringing two glasses with wine on them "Drink?"

I gave her a smile "Sure, thanks." I received the wine, then said "It's a pretty great job actually." both of us giggled.

She sat down beside me "Bryce told me something." she uttered.

"Yeah, what's that?" I looked at her, taking a sip of my wine.

"That you've got a crush on me." She muttered, looking at me. Our faces were just inches from each other. There was silence for like a whole minute, we just looked at each other's eyes. She had really beautiful ones, I guess it's because of her Italian blood, or it's just really her.

"Uhmm.. I gotta go." She said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I bet you do." I said. She stood up and was about to go out but I called her attention "Uhmm.. are you free on tuesday?"

"I haven't actually made plans yet so yeah, I guess I am." she answered, already holding the doorknob "Why?"

I grinned "I don't know, thought maybe we could hang out, yeah?" I hesitated, closing my right eye and raising my left eyebrow.

"Yeah, sure." Her voice echoed on my ears. I actually got a date with her, let's just hope this turns out well, fingers crossed.

★★★

**Sean's POV**

This is so frustrating. I'm not against that pact thing but after last night's breakup, I'm not sure I would wanna be with a girl right now. But don't get me wrong, It's not that I was hurt or anything, I didn't even love that girl, she was like, all over me.

It's 2 pm, exactly five hours since we made that pact and surprisingly(Not to me it isn't) exactly four hours of searching in the web, tryin' to find the perfect girl, blah blah blah. Kevin is so lucky that Lesha's here, he got heartbroken when that girl left the last time she visited here. He just needs to sweet things up a bit between them and that's it, he can bring her to prom. And the leaving thing? Kevin doesn't know yet but Bryce texted me a while ago that Lesha was staying here, I want to see the look on his face when he finds that out.

Oh well, haven't seen any worthy girl yet. This is torture, literally. Like how can I find the right girl when it doesn't even exists? I just want a girlfriend who can be my bestfriend at the same time and do stupid crazy stuff together, you know? My past girlfriends haven't even done anything like that,they were all like "Oh, he's my boyfiend." to all their friends. They didn't even cared about what I did everyday, like didn't it even occured to them that I want a girlfriend who cares? No. Fucktards, now what? Do I plan to waste all my time here searching for someone who doesn't even exists? No, I'm not.

I grabbed my Maroon Varsity Jacket and went outside. Sunny, it's sunny. Where should I go? Perhaps I'd go for a coffee. I borrowed my dad's car and went to a coffee shop not that far away from my house. It's saturday and this is New York, so you can say that there's a lot of people.

I went inside the coffe shop and sat on a good-for-four sitting set. There's four girls at my back giggling because of my presence, but then again, what do you expect a half Austrian would get? Same as always, the exposure, the fame. I didn't even want this but I can't do anything about it, I mean, I surely can't simply cover my face all the time and feel comforted by it, right?

"What do you want to order, Sir?" The waitress asked, bringing a pen and half a paper.

"Oh, I'll have." I scrolled down my fingers to the menu "An extra large cheeseburger with an extra large fries and one cappuccino.. make that two."

The waitress looked at me in awe "Okay." She said.

I took a magazine and scrolled the pages, I stopped at page 33. It's about this Justin and Selena breaking up again, like wtf? Why can't they just have a steady relationship? Oh well, It's their life anyway and I'm too busy to care about their hollywood what-so-ever drama.

"They broke again, huh?" I heard a girl say from across the table, she was already sitting.

"Yeah." I looked at her and my eyes widened, the familiar face strucked my mind "Nathalie?"

"Sean?" She said once it registered in her mind that it was me.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked, grinning broadly "And what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm fine. Life has been good actually" She answered smiling at me "I'm just waiting for some friends, and.. this table is reserved."

I looked at the end corner of the table and saw the reserved thing. How come I didn't notice that?

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that." I smiled back at her, grabbing my jacket which I placed on the table "..but no worries, I'm just gonna sit on that other chair right there." I pointed at the single chair across the cashier.

"Uhmm, no class?" I asked her, raising my eyebrows.

"Sem break, I'm going home tomorrow." She answered, touching her wonderful black hair.

As I stood up, her friends came and they started chatting. I sat on the single chair alone enjoying my food and drink. I looked at her, she was more confident now, not the shy Nathalie that I knew a few years back. Me and her? we go a long way back. We were bestfriends, actually, childhood friends. I treated her like a sister, and she treated me as a brother. We were actually so close that I didn't even had a girlfriend, we went to movies together, do everything together actually. But on 9th grade, everything changed. She confessed to me that she had feelings for me but I turned her down. I don't know what I was thinking, it was just like all of a sudden and BOOM! Our friendship's gone. She was the kindest person I knew and I was just scared that she was just too good for me, you know? Everyone wondered why we were bestfriends, because they thought I was too good for her, but in reality, it's the other way around. I couldn't forgive myself for what hapened that day, the day I lost my bestfriend. It was too late for me to do something cause the next thing I knew, she already moved 560 miles away and seeing her now, doesn't do me any better.