17

You spotted him right away, walking in the empty hall with his earphones on.

- hey! – you raised your voice, maybe he could have heard you if the music wasn’t loud but he didn’t seem to have, so you walked faster until you could tap lightly on his shoulder.

He turned around and looked at you with a surprised expression.

- huh? – What was the first thing he said while taking his earbuds off.

You met his piercing, dark eyes and you felt like a little girl.

- eeem … thank you… - your fingers fidgeted at your sides.

- About what? – Plainly asked

- About…you know… this morning at the library – you looked away embarrassed by the way he seemed to be looking through you unintentionally.

He recalled the incident and then looked back at you.

- oh, that? I just did what had to be done –he replied with a neutral voice, not bragging nor scoffing like you had expected a guy to act.

- But you not anyone would have done it. So, I wanted to thank you properly.

- And you seemed to be okay with that… - he referred to you saying it was okay. You felt like being smacked really hard on your head.

- It... it wasn’t like that… - you lowered your gaze to your feet, embarrassed to admit he was right.

- Okay…it was nothing. Don’t get in trouble again – a soft smirk flashed on his face for a brief second before he turned around to continue his way.

You stayed there stunned looking at his back. Would he really be capable of hitting a teacher?

“You shouldn’t get near him”

You shook your head to brush off the thought and looked at your phone to answer the messages User9011 sent you before. It would be disrespectful from you to not reply shortly after he reminded you such an important thing.

Leo returned to the school’s patio where he was previously sitting with Hakyeon, who was still reading the book and taking notes until he felt Leo and looked up at him.

- Did you make it on time? –the brown haired guy asked

- of course – Leo bragged.

- Did you meet her?

Leo looked as if he was having a mental jam trying to find the right words to say and still hide his disappointment. He failed big time, his face gave him away.

- Ash! Just when I thought you would … - Hakyeon whined – why don’t you just ask her to send you a picture of herself?

- Hell no! – Leo shouted – I would look like a pervert and she’ll end up blocking me!

- Then you send her one – his friend shrugged looking back to the book.

- No way.

Leo took out his tablet and resumed his homework before his phone notifications went off.

User3021: yes, I did. Thanks for the reminder, though.

Hakyeon side-eyed watched his friend stare at his phone with a playful smile.

- Just ask her already – he said.

The black haired guy glared at him.

- She probably thinks I am a guy who spends his hours studying, has an impeccable record and went to a good school. Which I am not.