Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Class dismissed and I'll await your research papers by midnight tonight."

I closed the laptop shut and placed it into my messenger bag. Running my hands through my shoulder-length hair, I got up from my seat and started to head to the door of the classroom.

"Ms. Villalobos, I have something to tell you before you go."

I turned around to look at Professor Worley. As head of the department for Women Studies, she was an intimidating person, to begin with. Just a few years older than me and national recognition for her research on Women's Health, she is a force to be reckoned with.

"Yes, Professor Worley?"

She smiled. "I just wanted to congratulate you on the last paper you submitted Ms. Villalobos. You have a fresh point of view on how medicine practice affects female health professionals and their lifestyle. I hope the paper you are turning tonight will be such an enjoyable read as this."

She handed me back my previous paper. It had a 98% percent written in the front and I narrowed my eyes. "Why the 98% if it was such a great read, professor?"

Her brows lifted at my tone. "You were holding back. I want to see all your thoughts and not just the ones you want to be heard."

Trust me. You do not want to see what is going on in this pretty little head of mine.

I looked down at the paper once more before meeting her mossy eyes. "I'll try my best professor. Have a good winter break."

She bobbed her head. "Same to you Ms. Villalobos."

I walked out of the building and headed to my car. I really enjoyed my Women's Health class for the fall semester and will be taking the second part of it for spring. As a sophomore, I was already taking classes with my junior and senior colleagues. The professors loved my form of writing which is good for a double major student in Biology and Writing. It is very interesting to observe the students that belong to each major. The Bio majors being super competitive to each other as they want to get into graduate school and the Writing majors just focused on enhancing their writing skills.

I stopped in my tracks as I saw who was leaning against my car.

What the fuck is going on?

Paxon chuckled as he saw my reaction. "Oh, Aura. Cat caught your tongue?"

"More like wolfie caught it," I grumbled. "What the fuck are you doing here Pax?'

"That is no way to talk to your big brother Aura." He sang as he approached me.

I took a step back. "You are not my fucking brother Pax. More like the vermin I sadly share genetic material with."

His flickering eyes narrowed on me "You are being extremely rude Aura. I suggest you calm the fuck down and get in the fucking car." He whispered.

I chuckled. Always the short fuse shifter."Tell me what you want first. I haven't heard anything from none of you in the past two years and you just suddenly show up like some abracadabra shit."

"Father needs you home."

No. No. No. This can't be happening.

"Why?"

"The main Alpha is looking for his partner and requested all of the females to be present when he arrives. Someone told him about the family's little secret and requested you to come as well."

I blinked and glared at this stupid dog. "I don't give a flying fuck about the pack system. I don't want to be part of it, especially with the type of people I'm sadly related to."