Chapter 1 - Dear Diary

Okay, so this is the first chapter... I know it's pretty bad, but it'll get better, I promise

DEAR DIARY

11 months. It's already been 11 months. And I'm leaving tomorrow. That time flew by way too fast.

I just finished the Goodbye dinner with the family - only one of them doesn't know it was Goodbye dinner - the one I'm gonna miss the most. Oh My Thor, it'll break him.

The worst thing is - I don't even know if there's still a part of me that wants to go home. I mean, yes, I have friends there and I have my dad (uncle actually - long story, just keep reading :D), my doggie and I have to check on Johny if he's okay ( another long story, just keep reading), but this is where I found my future. This is where my heart is, where I've spent quite a long time and where I've changed (for the better- I hope). I've got my second family here, "siblings", great opportunities, I can ( more like I have to) speak english all the time. And most importantly - ROSS is here. Oh, Odin, how am I gonna tell him I'm leaving one month earlier??! He'll hate me for the rest of his life.

So, yeah, as you may have figured out by now, Ross and I are a Thing... I love him with all of my heart, even though I'm super mad at him right now - he made the stupidest thing ever (another long story - I'll explain everything, just keep reading ;)). I'll miss him soo much. I know he will too. We are like two pieces of one super crazy human being - we work perfectly only when we are together.

But let's get to where it all started...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I was at the Terminal 3, waiting for my old-looking lime green suitcase to come on line, when i saw a tall man, with a short blonde woman by his side, holding a sing that siad: " SLOVAKIA" - exactly what I was told to look for when I arrive. I quickly grabbed my suitcase and walked over to them.

"Excuseme, are you here from the International Student Exchange Programme?" I smiled shyly at them.

"Yes! Told you it's gonna be a girl! You owe me 20, honey!" the woman smiled happily at the man and then turned to face me. "Anyway, I'm Stormie Lynch and this is my husband Mark. You'll be living with us for this year."

"Well, nice to meet you, I'm Caroline Ryan." I stuck my hand out to give her a tough handshake, but she embraced me in a bone-crushing hug. And then her husband hugged me from the other side.

"OKAY, I think we should go, kids don't know we were going to the airport. They're gonna be worried." Mr. Lynch said as he led us to their car. He wanted to carry my suitcase, but I politely refused it. I don't need help carrying my tiny (well, normal size, but I'm used to carry bigger bags) suitcase.

"So, Caroline, how was your flight?" Mrs. Lynch turned to look at me, when we were sitting in a car, on our way "home".

" It was long, tiring and the food was really disgusting. And when we had a 2-hours-long break in New Jersey airport, I skyped with my dad and he said that first few days will be hard because of the Jet-lag, so I slept almost all second flight from New Jersey to here."

"Have you been to California before?"

"Actually , I was born in California, but I moved with my dad when I was 12. But I had an accident and I lost all of my memories, so it's like I haven't been here before." I smiled at her. I hate the fact, that I had to lie to her, but it's not like I said a total lie, I just didn't say the whole truth.

The truth is, I didn't move with my dad, I moved with his brother - my uncle. In fact, I ran away from my parents. I just couldn't take it anymore - with all that "Oh, your brother is so genial, why can't you be like him?" Or "Look at your brother! The best English universities want him, when will they want you?! You're too stupid to even go to college one day! All you do is play soccer or computer games. When will you finally grow up and actually study for school?" . So yeah, that was pretty much what happened everyday at home, when I was 12, at least what I remember from that time. I still get those "flashbacks" sometimes, and I still don't remember everything, but I'm sure this is something I'll never forget.