Galen Stone from Marion helped coordinate and supervise educational programs

Striving to get teens working experience, Boston Youth Education Fund makes its best efforts to place the youth workers in their own community. Indeed, education is required for the development and improvement of the lives of young people globally. It is much important in eradicating poverty and hunger, and in promoting sustained and equitable economic growth. An increased effort towards the quality and affordability are quite important for global development efforts.

Formerly employed as the coordinator of the Boston Youth Education Fund at The Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston, Marion based Galen Stone worked by counseling the club members and coordinating their placement at colleges and private schools. Indeed, scholarships are a great help when it comes to achieving the education and career goals. Galen determined scholarship assistance and budget management with the fund chairman.

Besides, Galen Stone developed, coordinated, supervised and supported nearly 150-member volunteer program from many local undergraduate and graduate students from Northeastern, BU, Simmons, MIT and Harvard as well as dedicated and caring Greater Boston area professionals.

Apart from being the coordinator at The Boys and Girls Clubs of Boston, Galen Stone from Marion served as the Director of Education where he helped coordinate and supervise some 50 clubhouse educational programs in and outside of the clubs. He worked closely with Greater Boston Area teachers and staff from area schools and museums.

Besides this, Galen Stone served as a family therapist at Charles Hayden Goodwill Inn School. Here, he provided family and individual therapy to DYS and DSS youths and families. Besides, he co-led the violator unit/program. He worked for the emotionally disturbed adolescent boys in a residential setting. Galen managed and supervised the violator unit of the intensive violator-housing unit within the program. He also supervised various groups including anger management, substance abuse, life skills, behavioral skills, dialectic behavioral treatment and family therapy.

Being the individual and family counselor to the clients at New Life Counseling Inc, Galen Stone from Marion provided the best counseling experience. He clarified the problems and examined what solutions had already been attempted. He gathered information about his client's past, his personal style as well as the relationship pattern.