Chapter four

A large no-tail cub jumped from the bushes, almost rolling into Ren. "Ren get behind me. If I say to run, go find your brother" midnight barked, hackles raised.

She launched herself toward the kit, hitting in the leg with enough force to knock it down. It grabbed a stick behind it and jump onto its abnormally long paw, and swung it trying to. Hit her in any place possible. She charged at it, but before she got too close she ran to its left side and rammed into it again.

Midnight planned to scare it off without actually biting it, but this no-tail wouldn't back down. It swung its stick some more, this time hitting her flank and leaving a small wound. She barred her fangs at it and attacked it, leaving a cut in its fake-fur.

"Run, I can't scare it off" Ren took off in the direction of the howl they heard earlier. The
no-tail cub continued to swing its stick, hitting her a few more times before Razer jumped out of the brush and attacked it. His fangs latched onto it's forepaw, and he pulled it onto the ground.

"Get away from my pack" Razer growled and let go of it, letting it stumble and run away. Midnight and Ren quickly padded up to him, thanking him with licks on his shoulders. "Are you guys okay?" Midnight was the one to reply "I made sure Ren was safe, but I myself have a small cut on my flank."
"We'll have you taken care of, thank you for keeping my brother safe"