Awake in The Dark

This chapter was written by PurpleEye64!

    As Rin opened his eyes all he saw was black, unable to make out even the smallest detail. He sat up and felt an unbearable pain in his head, he clutched it with his left hand as he placed his other on the ground for support; he felt something dig into the skin on his palm.
    He ripped it up and felt a warm liquid trickle down his forearm, suddenly the events of last night came rushing back to him, he remembered the drink, the smoke, and the sensation of falling as he held a gun to his head and pulled the trigger.
    But if all that had happened then why was he still here; why didn't it work he wanted it to work? Confused and dazed he looked out once again, but this time there was a small, pale blue light in the distance, father away then anything you could imagine, yet at the same time he felt as if he could grab it if he just reached out.
    Then there was a voice calling to him telling him to run. He stood up, but fell right back down, too drunk and in too much pain to stay on his feet, but he needed to hear what else the voice was saying; he got back up and ran.
As he did so blood continued to rush down his arm, his nose began to bleed, and his head hurt more then ever before. He began to sprint, down the darkness towards the light the voice becoming clearer as he did so.

    But it was more than he had originally thought.
    They shouted and yelled at him. They called him a monster, they said he was cursed to never be truly happy or accepted.
    The voices morphed into one as he began to cry. They told him to stop, that they meant for him to go the other way.
He stopped dead in his tracks, and began to walk towards the endless dark.
It was serene and beautiful as he did so, this is what he wanted.
     Then voices started drowning out his own thoughts. He began to lose himself inside them, he gave up and fell to his knees. He propped himself up on his hands to stop from falling face first onto the dark ground under him, his wounds now gushing more blood then he'd ever seen. He felt the light now behind him had extinguished, and suddenly all the voices disappeared and he came back to his senses. But it was to late, there was nothing he could do now. He gave up and closed his eyes.
    Then, a new voice came to him. It sounded like the old man.
    All it said was "Get up you lazy bum, go become an exorcist and finally get a job!"
    The voices came back screaming even louder saying "shut up! Stay out of it, its not you place to interfere!"
    Rin ripped his eyes open, he could barely move as he dug his nails into the wounds on his palm, focusing on the pain. He barely pushed himself up, the voices tearing him apart as he did so. Anger swelled up inside him.
    "shut the fuck up!" he yelled.
Deep blue flames engulfed him he got to his feet, turned, and ran faster then ever towards the newly ignited light in the distance, the voices trying hopelessly to push him down again.
    He yelled once again screaming "I wont stay here, not for you, you don't control me!"
    Rin jumped into the now close light.
    He woke up surrounded be people. He only heard two things, the sound of the old man, his father, saying "welcome home," and the sound of his younger brother screaming from high up.
    "Rin!"

-END-

I feel so happy that someone liked my story enough to want to finish it! I hope everyone will go follow PurpleEye64! -LadySteelSteam