Reaching but no one on the other end

• Dedicated to To Mom For being Amazing

#4

You try to reach for hope, some person, a dream, a grade, anything and you can never seem to get it. You put everything into it and you can't seem to get there quite yet, almost like it's an on-going test trying to tell you there is more chances, time and such.

But when we can't reach something we either try harder then before or completely give up.

We don't try again, we just retreat into this shell and believe that we are useless, and can do nothing on our own. Making ourselves small and un-needed; causing us to lose ourselves. To lose this part of ourselves we love, hate or never cared about, but it's still a piece of us that was smashed into a thousand pieces and will take forever to fix.

We shouldn't give up, and I know that it's easier said then done. We can stand in front of a mirror and say to our reflection we will change, we make a difference, we will do the right thing.

But as humans we make mistakes, we do the wrong thing at the right time or the right thing at the wrong time.

We can choose to take our lives, but with that decision, you are saying you are leaving the one's that will stand by your side and help you every single step of the way, leave your family who will mourn to just hear a word from you verses nothing at all, you're leaving friends that will find themselves stuck, not knowing where to turn to.

Since not all of us understand who we should be or stand for, we should stand for us, for you, for your soul because that's one thing that no one can take from you. No one can say you can't be who you are because you're standing right there in the moment thinking, "If I can't be who I am.....who the heck gives you the right to say I can't! I WILL!"

Like people who aren't open to gay, bi-sexual, and all of those people were born amazingly different. They are here to show others that love and hope and change can come from any one person.

Elton John, he makes beautiful music and has been on the music scene for years. His gay, how does that change your opinion about him, he's no different, he still does beautiful music so what's different? He loves other guys, why is that such a difficult thing to understand.

Neil Patrick Harris, funny man, great actor and gay as well. Proud to be and still amazing.

How does one small thing make someone bad in another persons eye?

It's like racisism and the whole new level of injustices towards people. It's repeat in a sense of the civil rights with people who had different skin color. Instead people are trying to out law human emotion of love and being together with somebody and it shouldn't happen. Yet, we have people who don't see the way others do and although it can be a good thing, it creates this divide between what we consider right and wrong and they consider right and wrong.

"You were given this life because you are strong enough to handle it." (Unknown)

We all have strength, it's just a matter of discovering it.

One mind to think of something amazing.

It takes one person to make a statement.

A group to speak their mind.

A school to change a rule.

A community to make it brighter.

A state to make a difference in others and set an example.

A country to become a role model.

A world to make mistakes and achievements.

So if someone says you can never do something to make a difference, to reach your dreams, to change for the better.

You have the right to just know that they are absolutely wrong in every single way.