stay-bucky

my room was next to Buckys. some people would be scared or paranoid, but not me. I loved Bucky.

I gave Bucky space because I knew that he wasn't a very open person, unless it was Steve.

one night, I was asleep, but then I heard loud screaming. cry's for help. I knew who it was.

Bucky.

I jumped out of bed, not thinking about what I was wearing. I was only wearing a sports bra and shorts. But, I didn't care. I knew Bucky needed someone.

I opened Buckys door, to only see Bucky still screaming and tears rushing down his face. Seeing him cry . . . made me cry.

I was never scared of Bucky, like how most people were or like how Bucky was scared of himself. He had been hurt, torn and ripped apart. He didn't deserve anything he went through. All those years of suffering. . . all those years of trying to fight back. . . all those years filled with screams and tears.

I slowly sat on Buckys bed and slowly starting touching him, to wake him up. I knew that hitting him, would only result in me getting hurt physically and him getting hurt emotionally.

I started whispering kind and reassuring things into Buckys ears while my hands were slowy playing with his hair.

"shh bucky im here"

"youre ok"

"youre safe, theyre not gonna hurt you anymore"

"i got you"

"i love you"

all things I whispered into buckys ears.

Bucky woke up, but not how he would normally wake up when he had a nightmare. He woke up. . . peacefully, in my arms.

"Y-y/n?" Bucky whispered while still in tears.

"I'm here james, youre ok" I said holding his head into my neck.

"w-what are you doing here?" Bucky asked getting out of my touch.

I sat up against his headboard and sighed.

"you were having a nightmare and you were screaming and crying and I wanted to help you." I said, looking down.

"oh, uhm you didn't have to.. the nightmare wouldve died out sooner or later." bucky said wiping the tears, that were still rolling down his face.

"bucky, im gonna help you whenever you have a nightmare. when youre in pain, it hurts me." I say, knowing it was a risky thing to say.

"t-thanks doll." Bucky whispered

"wanna talk about it?" I ask rubbing my fingers across his arm.

he shook his head.

"if you ever do. . . find me. ok? im always gonna there for you, buck" I say pulling him into a hug.

i didn't really expect bucky to hug back, but he did. we stayed like that for a good 5 minutes while bucky was still crying and i was rubbing his hair.

i pulled away and rubbed his cheek with my thumb and started to get up to head back to my room, that is until bucky grabbed my rist.

"stay. . . . . . please?" Bucky said, with watery eyes.

"ok" I smiled.

I layed down on his bed and he layed down too. it was a little awkward at first, but i felt buckys head fall onto my shoulder.

he fell asleep.

i smiled to myself and started to cuddle up to him.

i thought he was asleep, until i felt an arm wrap around my waist and kiss to my forehead.

"thank you, doll."

"anything for you." I say with my eyes closed.

I hear bucky giggle for the first time.

"goodnight doll."

"night."