Chapter Six -part 1

The next morning Leenie was preparing toast with strawberry jam and orange juice for both her and Lina. Leenie walked towards Lina's room and knocked
on her door.

"Lina are you up? I've prepared some breakfast", said Leenie.

There was no answer.

"Lina? Are you doing good?" Leenie exclaimed.

There was still no answer. Leenie slowly opened the door but only found Lina resting peacefully.

"Well I'm glad sleeping beauty is sleeping like a log." thought Leenie, giggling while exiting the room quietly.

Hours pass and before Lina knew it, she slept a lot more than she usually did. Getting up, Lina felt refreshed and walked towards the bathroom and started her morning routine. She brushed her teeth, took a warm shower, brushed
her hair, and put on make up. Opening her closet, Lina scavenged for something good to wear and decided on a white blouse and navy blue skirt with gold buttons on the sides. She finishes her outfit off with translucent white stockings and
Fior perfume. Afterwards, she began polishing the lense on her Pikon - K3607 DSLR and hung it around her neck to keep
it safe before heading out the doors.

While walking around a couple of blocks near a university, she spotted some beautiful tulips blooming. Seeking shade,
she ran to a nearby tree and began snapping pictures of the tulips getting a new angle with every capture. Before she could take any more pictures, she sees a man walking towards the tulips, tending to them; pulling out weeds and watering them carefully. The man spots Lina and looks back to his dewy tulips. He could care less about her.

"Your tulips look amazing!" exclaimed Lina hoping the man would hear.

The man didn't budge and paid no attention to Lina.

"What's your name?" Lina asked. "Excuse me... What's your name?" She asked a second time.

"Sorry doll, but we haven't had enough encounters in order for us to exchange names." the man replies.

Lina sighed in disbelief wondering how someone could act this way over a name. She begins to watch his brown hair sway in the wind while he tends the tulips. Before Lina knew it, she felt an odd sensation on her shoulder.

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" She shrieked out of shear terror.

A centipede had landed on her shoulder.
The man started to run towards Lina, and began shaking her in hopes that she would snap out of it. The centipede fell off of Lina's shoulder,
towards its demise. He stepped back to release his hand on her shoulder. Without realizing, he stepped back and crushed the centipede.

"What the hell was the matter?" he exclaimed.

"What do you mean? There was a fucking centipede on my shoulder." she said, angrily. "Besides, who the hell shakes a person like that? You
should've flicked it away or something! Do I seem like a damn palm tree to you?".

"I figured you were going through something, and shaking you seemed like the only way to snap you back into reality" The man wheezed.

"Unbelievable" said Lina, visibly shaken and staggers back into the shade of the tree. "Damn you." she exclaims.

"Is there anything I can do for you to feel better?" he asked.

"Your name, I want it." she asks firmly.

"We are still on that? Jeez women are persistent." He exclaimed. "Chase is my given name." He says while rolling his emerald green eyes.

"My name is Lina" she tells chase.

"Uh, did I ask for your name?" He says with a smirk.

"Men like you I swear." lina tells chase while walking away.

Chase grabs hold of her hand.

"It was just a joke doll." He tells lina before letting go of her hand.

His emerald green eyes begin to twinkle with glee as he stares back at the tulips he was tending earlier.

They're beautiful." she says in awe.

"I've planted them after all." he says while oozing with confidence.