South Park: Stick of Truth drabble

Kyle glanced around at his surroundings. The trees were in full bloom, the gardens were thriving, his people were happy... his parents would be proud if they were here to see how far he had brought their people. His mother had fallen ill, and the healer had tried everything to save her... But ultimately, the beloved queen succumbed to her illness.

"Your Majesty?" the voice of his ranger brought him out of thought.
Stan was watching him, seeming concerned for the Elven King, "Are you all right?"

"Yes... just thinking." Kyle's gaze was elsewhere, and he seemed tired.

"Have you been sleeping, Your Majesty?" Stan frowned as he noted the dark bags under the red-head's emerald eyes, "Should I call for the Bard to help you get some sleep? You know I will, Kyle." Stan had been friends with the Elven King for years, and was permitted by Kyle himself to call him by his first name when they were alone.

"No, no need to bother him for such things, the hour is growing late." Kyle smiled softly.

"On the con-contrary, Your M-M-M-Majesty, I don't mind pl-playing music for y-you, no matter what t-t-time it may be." The voice of the Bard made both the king and ranger jump as they both turned to look.
James, or Jimmy, as he preferred to be called, was smilng brightly at them before he moved to kneel, using his crutches, his lute strapped to his back, "M-my apologies. I was sent to f-find you, Y-Your Majesty. The chef was c-con--conc--" Jimmy's brows furrowed as he stumbed over the word, "The c-chef was con-- worried when he noted that you d-did not eat much. He just h-hopes that you are w-well." he said.

"I see. I'm quite all right, just feeling a bit tired. Sleep has been all but kind to me as of late... " Kyle said softly, resting his chin in his hand as he looked to Jimmy as the bard stood up right again.
"Do you require music, Your M-Majesty?" Jimmy asked releasing one wooden crutch to gently pat at the strap of his lute.

"The hour is late, Jimmy--" Kyle paused as the garden lanterns were lit as if by magic, prompting all three to look up at them, before Kyle continued, "Aren't... You leaving again tomorrow...?" His tone was somber.

At this, Jimmy's ever-present smile faltered and he took a moment before speaking, ". . . Yes. Unfortunately, a w-w-w-wanderer cannot st-st-stay in one place for t-too long, Your Majesty. . . But I will b-b-be back, as I always c-come back. " he said softly. Kyle wasn't looking at him, and the bard felt his heart sink as he spoke, "I have a-a-always come back.. have--haven't I...?" he asked.

"Yes... you have... but what if something were to happen to you...? You never know what kind of people are out there, Jimmy." Kyle said, looking to Jimmy again, green eyes glancing the bard over. Jimmy straightened his posture, puffing out his chest a little, "I a-a-as--ass--I ass-- I as-as.... I assure you that I am m-m-m-more capable of taking c-care of myself than you g-give credit for, My L-L-Leige." he said.

********************

Thank you for reading this first piece, I'm kinda updating it bit by bit, BUT if you like it, please let me know! I would like to continue writing, but I would like to know if anyone is interested in reading more.

Thank you again
- Shiloh