The Bundle of Joy

Before I start! Let me just clear a few things. I'm writing on a topic I've never before written on or even experienced in real life.

All pregnancy related topics in this story are taken from the school work we've done and of course, Google Baba!😁 so please don't mind my mistakes you may encounter while reading it. And yes, I don't know how it all worked at that time, so please don't mind those mistakes as well.🙈

The Bundle of Joy

As soon as Sameer entered the house, he heard the sound of someone vomitting from the bathroom. No, not just someone, it was Naina.

Worried, he walked towards the bathroom and saw Naina's face ducked in the sink as she just threw up whatever she had in her stomach.

Sameer widened his eyes and went inside to pat her back. Sensing Sameer's touch, she shooed him and closed the door, as she didn't want him to see her in such a state.

"Arrey Naina, darwaza toh kholo." Sameer said as he gently knocked the door from outside but Naina didn't listen to a thing.

Finally after what seemed ages, she came out as she wiped her face with the facecloth and was met with Sameer's concerned gaze.

"Kya hua? Tum theek ho na?" Sameer asked.

"Haan. Bilkul Theek hoon. Aur Kya Hua? Hmm main na, bohot hi bore ho rahi thi, toh  socha andar jaake ultiyaan kar Du. Tum bhi na Sameer, dikh nai raha hain, ki main Theek nai hoon?" Naina said.

She firstly kept on throwing up for apparently no reason at all and she felt a dull pain at the back of her head since the morning. She even had a warm cup of ginger tea, but that didn't help either. So it was obvious for her to get irritated at Sameer's 'stupid question' if put in her words.

Sameer, who expected a normal answer, widened his eyes at her absurd answer and thought to himself to leave her alone for some time if he wanted to stay alive. But before that, he decided on making a cup of tea for her with little lemon in, as it always helped him back in Nainital. Seeing him walk away, Naina burst into tears making Sameer turn to face her.

"Naina Kya Hua? Ro kyu rahi ho?" He asked as he hugged her and started patting her back.

"I'm sorry. Main bohot buri hoon, Maine tumhe bewajah daanta. Issi liye tum mujhse jaa rahe ho." She said between her sobs while Sameer made a strange face.

"Isne phirse pi rakhi hain Kya?" Sameer murmured to himself, as he couldn't exactly understand the reason behind her weird behaviour.

"Naina, main kahi nai jaaraha hoon. Main tumhare liye chai banane jaaraha tha." He said as he continued patting her back.

Hearing no reply from her he tilted his head and saw that she fell asleep on him. Shaking his head at her childish, but cute behaviour, he picked her up and placed her on the bed. He then pulled the blanket till her shoulder and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"Pagal." He said as he chuckled to himself and went in the bathroom to freshen up.

*****

After Naina woke up, she went to the kitchen to make dinner for the two of them. Rakesh had gone to Ahmedabad to visit Chachaji and family.