Chapter Three

Kamari's POV

Tash parks outside the house and the music was booming. I thought parents were supposed to be here?

"Um Tash? Where are the parents?" I asked.

"I don't know, probably went out or something!" she obviously knew by the tone of her voice.

"Isn't it a bad idea for us to be here then?" I say uncomfortable.

"Come on! You never have fun! Get out your comfort zone and live a little."

Live a little? I could do that in my room with a good book. Ugh.

"What do you mean live a little? I live all the time, just in my room. ALONE."

"This is what I mean Kari. You never do anything! I love you, but you weren't always this distant" She's right. I've been more focused on my education than my social life, because I don't enjoy opening myself to others anymore.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I just want my best friend to have fun. You look too good to not be." she giggles.

I laugh with her and smile.

I look around and see a table full of shots.

"Well, Tash. To a good night!" I go to the table and down an entire shot of alcohol. Probably tequila. It's super strong. Yep. Definitely tequila.

Tash looks at me wide eyed.

"Wow. Didn't think I'd see that tonight."

"That's because my dear Tash tonight we are having fun. Now let's go dance!" I grab her hand and drag her to the dance floor.

A lot of our favorite songs play and we sing our hearts out to them.

"I'm thirsty? Do you want anything to drink?" Tash asked me.

"Water? I already had like three shots of tequila.", I reply.

"How? We haven't left the floor once."

"I just took them out of people's hands."

Tash slowly nods. "Well, I'll be right back." Tash disappears through the crowd. I just keep dancing.

Tash took a while, so I decided to go find somewhere to sit.

Turning my body, I bump right into them.

I touch my face in light pain. "Ugh."

"Kamari?"

I look up to see Darius dancing with Crystal. Seriously.

"Watch where you're going." Crystal says with venom in her voice

Tequila was in my veins, but after what I said. I think it's safe to say, It got into my brain too.

"You know what Crystal! Who exactly do you think you're talking to? I didn't do anything to you, but you still decide to disrespect me."

I can hear the music quiet down a bit and people begin to stare.

"Please. You're just jealous because I'm attractive. I'm the girl everyone wants and you? Well let's just say, you're easy to forget." gasps cover the air.

"Please! The only thing people recognize about you is how you can't close your legs."I say as the room starts yelling.

"Ain't no way."

"Did she lie?"

"Finally someone said it."

"OHHHHHH"