Chapter 2 - Scary

Hayes POV

Billie had been with us for three days now, and all we had done was watch movies, go into the garden and chill out together. We were slowly becoming inseparable and I was starting to become addicted to her presence and company.

It was late at night and we had started heading to bed, so I led Billie to her room. She stepped into the room and turned around to face me in the doorway.
"Good night Hayes." She said sweetly.
"Good night Billie." I smiled at her.
There was a brief moment of silence between us both and our eye contact didn't falter. I could see her start to blush and she quickly looked away from me. I pulled her in for a short hug before making my way to my own room. I got dressed and got into my bed, pulling the covers over my body. I laid there for a while just staring at the ceiling, with those beautiful blue eyes on my mind. How can someone affect me like this, I never paid any attention to girls as I just wasn't looking for a relationship. But Billie has come alone and caught my attention majorly. The girl stayed on my mind until my eyes closed and I had drifted off to sleep.

* Dream *

I could hear muffled voices over my loud headphones and quickly pulled my headphones from my ears. The voices quickly intensified and grew louder as the music left my ears. I could hear voices shouting at each other, one a lot more aggressive than the other. One belonged to my father, the other belonged to my mother.

I jumped up out of my bed and rushed out of my room, trying to locate where in my house the voices were coming from. I quickly found my my parents in the kitchen, my father now towering over my mother with a knife in his hand.
"You thought you could just fucking leave me?!" He screamed in her face. "You want to try and take me away from MY children!"
"David, stop!" My mum cried out.

A floor board creaked beneath my foot causing both of my parents to look up at me. My mother's eyes widened in horror to match my own.
"Hayes." He simply let out.
"Dad you're drunk, put it down." I spoke calmly and softly, despite the immense shaking of my hands and limbs. "Please just put it down for me."
"Shut the fuck up." He spat. "You are just as disgusting as she is."
"Dad please.." My voice cracked. "Please put it down."

Lincoln and Maddison were out of the house and my parents had thought that I had gone out with them. Which would explain why my dad chose to try and do this now.
"Dad." I pleaded.
He pointed the knife at my mother and held it against her neck. I could see her wincing in pain and I knew he was pushing it against her skin. I saw blood start to appear and slowly deep out from beneath the knife. I quickly rushed over and tried to take the knife from my dad, but he pulled it back and slice my mother's throat in the process.
"No!" I screamed out.

I punched my father in the face and pushed him backwards. I then rushed towards my mum who was laying on the floor holding her neck, her hands turning red from the blood that was sleeping from her neck. I grabbed a kitchen towel and held it against her neck. As I was pressing it against her neck and fumbling for my phone I felt a metallic object slice through my back and then penetrate my lower back. I screamed out in pain and fell forward onto my front. I hit my head against the floor and felt a thumping pain in the front of my head. I felt warm tears stream down my face as I tried to crawl towards my phone that was on the floor. I turned to my left to see my mother's body laying on the floor, looking lifeless as a pool of blood began to surround her.

After a couple minutes I had made it to my phone and fumbling with it in my hand before soaking for an ambulance. I stumbled over to my mother's body and pressed the cloth back against her neck. But as I was about to call for the police, I felt a heavy object hit me against the back of my head.