Day 20: Genderqueer Pride

Gaystripe: GUYS

Gaystripe: GUYS

The stagehands, who had been sleeping (because they'd stayed up way too late the night before partying), jerked up, looking to the tom with a glare. His cat-hair was already all slicked back from the cat-gel and he appeared ready to go onstage. However, he appeared to be very tired.

Though, he snagged a coffee off a random desk from nearby and he was quick to finish it, claiming that it was his third cup of the morning. A random stagehand from nearby rolled their eyes and quickly took the coffee cup from him, and he screamed in response.

Gaystripe: HEY!! THAT'S MINE!!

Stagehand: Just make a new one, Jesus. Also, get onstage, you're late

Gaystripe: I NEED MY COFFEE. MY BLOOD RUNS WITH THE FLUID THAT I NEED TO SURVIVE; I AM SOLELY SURVIVING OFF CAFFEINE THAT I GET FROM COFFEE. MY BRAIN SURVIVES OFF ITS SWEETNESS AND SO DO I. GIVE ME MY COFFEE. OR I WILL RIOT

Stagehand: Just make a new cup?? *sips on coffee*

Gaystripe: I HAVE TO GO OUT ONSTAGE. *completely rushes forward and snags the coffee, downing what is left of it*

Stagehand: WHAT THE-?!

Gaystripe: *racing onstage* HELLO EVERYONE AND WELCOME BACK TO 30 DAYS OF PRIDE, WITH ME, YOUR HOST, GAYSTRIPE

The crowd, mildly confused at the coffee-ringed maw he has, claps anyways, calling loudly and screaming with excitement at the new day and the new stuff they will learn.

Gaystripe: Today's DAY TWENTY THREE, which means it's GENDERQUEER PRIDE!

A group of cats in the back, whose pelts are green, white, and purple, jump up and down, yelling and screaming loudly. They throw popcorn and a couple of them spill a soda, but it's all part of their celebration. Gaystripe nods approvingly.

Gaystripe: We don't have a cat from QueerClan that's genderqueer, but we do have me!

The crowd laughs.

Gaystripe: Genderqueer is a term used as an umbrella term to cover people who identify with identities outside of the gender binary! These could include, but aren't limited to, being either gender, being neither gender, and not being sure of what one's gender is.

Gaystripe: For example, someone who is genderqueer may feel as though they are agender, though they may be uncomfortable with getting specific so they simply identify as genderqueer.

Some random cat: Why would someone not want to be specific?

Gaystripe: Well, not all places accept all identities evenly. Maybe some cats are fine with genderqueer cats, but the same cats aren't fine with bigender cats, which is really sad. Here in the US, we're lucky to be in a mostly accepting place. Not everyone is so lucky.

The cats in the audience bow their heads, as not all places are as accepting as they are.

Gaystripe: So, in order to still explaining to those around them that they aren't cisgender, they'll say they're genderqueer.

Gaystripe: Also, some just prefer it because they're not sure what they are. Maybe someone's questioning their gender identity and has a few options, and they don't feel comfortable picking one specifically, so they decide to identify as genderqueer instead!

The audience nods, seeming to understand a little better, so Gaystripe continues. He is bouncing off the walls though, as the coffee really hyped him up.

Gaystripe: Some genderqueer cats may want to appear more androgynous, or present as to how they want. Because some genderqueer cats use it as the only way to describe their gender identity whereas some others use it alongside others, it can get confusing.

Gaystripe: Not all genderqueer cats will want to present more androgynously, though, as some will want to be what they think they are. For example, if a genderqueer cat feels as though they might be bigender, they may express that however they feel is necessary through their appearance.

Gaystripe: However, it's always important to be sure that those who are genderqueer are treated fairly. Some disclude genderqueer cats, which is not okay. Genderqueer cats are just as valid as anyone else in the community!

Audience: WOOHOO!!

Gaystripe: THERE YOU GO!! That's the spirit.

The crowd continues to cheer rather loudly.

Gaystripe: ANYWAYS, I think that's all for today, thanks for tuning into 30 Days of Pride!

With that, he nosedives into the crowd; everyone begins to party, tossing up popcorn into the air, and green, purple, and white streamers and bright lights instantly flood the area.