c h a p t e r 1

I look up at the night sky, taking in all the different constellations and stars that fill our galaxy and all the others out there. The calmness of the night sky warps around my thoughts and I sit there for the longest time, enjoying the rare feeling of safety I get cocooned in the nights blanket.
A sudden noise gets me up on my feet but my nerves settle when I realise it's only El, not a Human out to get me. "Cmon princess we've been waiting for you to get back. Almost send a search party." She offered me her hand and I stood up "We need to start planning for the day ahead. Lets go."
When I enter the safe house, all I can hear is the sound of laughter echoing through the walls. When was the last time I laughed? It feels like centuries ago. The laughter suddenly stops and my sister comes running towards me "Cas! Where have you been? I was so worried!"
I smile at her and say "I just wanted some alone time that's all. I didn't mean to worry you. I'll make sure to inform you of my whereabouts in the future Lia." She has always been anxious since the invasion but I don't blame her. I'm the only remaining family she has.
"Alright now that Cassie is back let's start planning for the day ahead." Castor speaks up "We need to leave at the crack of dawn."
          As soon as the words leave his mouth, a knocking sound comes from the door and we all freeze. No Proximan is dumb enough to go around knocking on doors during this time of the night. We all stare at each other in horror as the situation clicks in place. Humans. They found us.