Chapter Twenty Seven

Several weeks passed and Arnav and Khushi were excited. Now that Khushi was in her second trimester, they were ready to announce their news. So Arnav gathered everyone into the family room, making sure to have all of the workers away, not needing any of them to know yet, specifically Garima and Payal.

"What's going on," Annanya asked as they all sat down.

Everyone looked at the couple in confusion, wondering the same. Arnav stood with Khushi, his arm wrapped around her waist protectively.

"We've all called you hear to tell you something important," Arnav said.

"What," Anjali asked, tilting her head.

Arnav looked at Khushi and she looked up at him. She gave a small nod and both looked back at the family.

"A new member will be joining the family soon," Arnav announced proudly, and he wrapped both arms around Khushi, his hands over tummy.

The family quickly realized what he meant and erupted with joy. Annanya and Anjali sprang over to Khushi, hugging her and congratulating her, as well as Arnav. Arbaz gave his son a hug and kissed the top of Khushi's head, giving both of them their blessing. But the most excited of them all was the elders, Dadi and Nani cheering with joy, ever so ecstatic that their great grandchild was on the way, the two even having a small dance. None could hold back their laughter of joy, not even Arnav and Khushi. As the family went into a frenzy on how to celebrate and what they should do next, Arnav looked down at Khushi, seeing the big smile spread on her face.

"Thank you," Arnav smiled softly.

Khushi looked up at him in confusion. "For?"

"For being mine."

Khushi smiled at him in return and hugged him. They both looked back at their family and couldn't wait for what tjs future would bring.

*~*

There was no controlling Annanya nor Anjali, and they planned a massive feast for Khushi, making anything and everything Khushi desired - with some restrictions of course. And while Khushi was delighted with all of the food in front of her, Arnav gaped at his mother.

"You're kidding me!"

"Oh stop it Chote," Annanya said, waving her hand. "This is the least I could do."

"What's the most," Arnav asked, completely bewildered.

The ladies chuckled.

"My kid is going to get fat," Arnav frowned.

"Arnav," Khushi scolded.

"Well I'm not wrong."

"Oh stop," Annanya chuckled. "It's just for today, and besides, its not like she'll eat all of this."

"Challenge accepted," Khushi chuckled.

Arnav scowled at her but Khushi only stuck her tongue out at him.

"Khushi-"

"Stop it you two," Annanya chuckled, cutting Arnav off. "Chote, do you really think I'm going to let Khushi be unhealthy?"

"No," he huffed.

"Then? She's my responsibility - all of our responsibility, and not only is her health and safety important, but the baby's as well. I've done this myself twice, too, you know."

"I know," he whined.

"Then stop acting half your age," she chuckled.

"Way to go Malik," Khushi teased, and Anjali burst out laughing.

Arnav gave her a pointed glare but Khushi was unaffected, picking up some kheer with her finger and sucking on it.

"Hey, easy on the sweets," Arnav exclaimed.

He tried to go her way, but Annanya stopped him.

"Enough. Out," and she pointed him out of the room.

"But mom-!"

"Out," she glared, still pointing.

Arnav pouted like a little boy and left the room, and when he was out of earshot, all three ladies bursted out in laughter.

"Chote is too much," Anjali laughed.

"Honestly," Annanya grinner, shaking her head. "But to see him this way... he's a changed man." Annanya turned to Khushi and caressed her cheek. "And it's all thanks to you, dear."

"I didn't do anything," Khushi smiled softly.

"Oh, but you did. Chote the way he was versus now.... Ever since you came into his life, he's become a better person. And I have you to thank for that," and she hugged Khushi.

"If we're now done with the emptions, can we eat," Anjalo asked, rubbing her hands together as she eyed the food.

"Nuh uh, Khushi gets food first."

"That's what I'm waiting on, now let her go."

Both Khushi and Annanya chuckled. As they all sat together, Nani and Dai joined, all the ladies of the house together to celebrate a tradition they always celebrated when a woman in the family was with child.

As Khushi looked around the room, she felt herself fill with joy. She finally had the family she jad always dreamt of. She had her husband back, who loved her dearly, and a family that loved her very much.

She no longer was nothing to someone, but something to everyone.

And as she placed her hand over her frowing stomach, she knew that her child would be as well.

THE END

~
And that's the end of the story. Its a bit abrupt, I know, but I just can't stand dragging this story out anymore. I originally began this back in 2012 and the fact that it took 7 years to finish is ridiculous lol
For a long time, I had issues wth ending stories and letting them go, which is why I would abandon them basically, but I'm slowly changing that around. I want to finish stuff so that way when I have new stories, I don't feel guilty for posting a new one.
But yeah, that's that, maybe I'll revisit this and post an epilogue or something in the future, if you guys would like that :)
See you guys in season 2 ;)