Chapter 8

-Salette-

The Next Day

Today seemed to be dejavu as yesterday. After school I went to the gym to try out for the basketball team. I walked in to see all boys. I thought this was supposed to be Co Ed.

"Hey, Stella!" Howie yells from across the gym.

"Come to watch?' he said coming to me

"I came to play" I said.

Then Coach America, called everyone into a line to introduce themselves.

"Howie"

And everyone introduce themselves. And every person on the team had an avenger for a parent. I warmed up by doing 15 laps around the gym.

-Jewel-

After school I head to the auditorium. The coach gives us a minute to go over the dance. Then it's time for the tryouts. Morgan goes first. I have to admit she is good. But not good enough! It's my turn. I perform the dance like a professional. The moves all feel natural.

After we have performed, the coach takes a minute to decide. She grabs her microphone and calls for everyone's attention.

"The lead dancer of the dancer squad is....... Julia Wallis!" she says. There is silence for a moment, everyone is shocked. Then Flo starts clapping and cheering. Her friends join in until everyone is clapping. Except for Morgan. She is thinking words I probably shouldn't repeat. I feel her glaring at me. First battle: Victory!

An Hour Later

-Third Person-

"How was the basketball tryouts?" Jewel asks.

"Good, I kicked all their butts," replies Salette. "How was the lead dancer tryouts?"

"Killed it!"

"Nice!"

"When are we going to take action?"

"Let's make a plan."

"We are going to have to attack during gym, when all the kids are there," Jewel points out.

"Perfect!"

"I will turn into a dragon if needed."

"Then it's settled. Tomorrow we kill the avengers!" concludes Salette.

-Jewel-

Flo texted me if she would like to go to the mall with her friends. I texted back that I will be there soon. I get 50 bucks from Dave and walk over.

Flo is there with her friends Audrey, daughter of Hulk, and Aurora, Starlord and Gamora daughter.

"Hi Julia, glad you can make it!" says Audrey. "We are headed to Hollister, is that alright?"

"That's fine," I reply. We talk about what clothes look best on who and a bunch of other nonsense. We go to Old Navy as well. After that we get ice cream. I'm going to be sad when I kill them all tomorrow, it's been fun.

That night I get my Red Sparrow suit and fill the pockets with dagger, knives, shot guns, and distracting bombs. I need to be ready for anything.

I hear a buzz from my phone. Its from Flo. She sent a picture of us eating ice cream. Suddenly I feel that I'm not ready for the battle. They have been such good friends. No! I can't do this! I can't kill them! I lie down on my bed and cry. Salette would have no problem. She doesn't care what happens to them. She could kill them all on her own. So why is it so hard for me? The hardest thing in the battle will be the look of betrayal on Flo's face.

I sit up, I have to get it together!

I go to bed early. I will need the energy tomorrow.

I'm in the gym. I turn into my battle suit. The avengers kids laugh. "I knew this would happen!" I hear Howie laugh. "They could have been more smart" sneered Morgan. I see Flo, she isn't mad. "I was never your friend!" she laughs. "These are the assassins?" asks Tony Stark. "More like babies in costumes," says Scarlet Witch as she knocks me over. Their laughter circles me and closes in, like a thick blanket, and there is no escape.

"NO!" I bolt awake. I'm breathing fast. It's still dark out. My mind darkens. These people deserve to die! I won't have any trouble tomorrow. I go back to bed in a dreamless sleep.

I wake up again to the Dave on a phone. He seems to be on the receiving end of a lecture. Why does Hydra have to be so demanding, he thinks.

Hydra? Is that the name of our institution? Flo said Hydra was evil, wanting to take over the planet. But I'm not evil! I panic for a second. No! They are the evil ones! I push the reveal to the back of my head and go back to sleep.

A/N

Soooooo sorry for not updating in awhile i have been busy with summer activities and I have been writing this with one of my friends from school and she has also been really busy. Thx for reading!