8: standing there

Joe mindlessly wandered the city, knowing only a few routes here and there. He had little to no sense of direction, so this one was a tricky one. It was the kind of game that will warp your mind and get you lost, which was enough to make someone disgruntled. But not Joe, especially because of the reason he was doing this.

He continued his search for Evelyn, looking inside trash cans and going through steep alleys. It was such a bad time, especially since Joe left his phone. He had to ask people where to go. He went on through the city, examining every one of the details.

Joe's throat then went dry. He didn't eat breakfast. He went inside the cafe that his eyes laid on, Minlasee Café.

Memories from the last two weeks came upon him again, and he loved it that way. It was such a refreshing blast of air.

He went to the counter and ordered. "What's your order sir- Joe!" The blonde lady said.

"Luce!" The two talked for a while. Let's talk later, order?"

"A cup of mocha." Joe said.

"Okay." Lucy gave him a table standee.

Joe patiently waited for his order.

"Here. I'm on break." Lucy said, sitting across Joe.

"Ben's looking for Evelyn in the city, too." She clarified. "He did like an hour ago."

"Oh." Joe said.

"You should find him." Lucy said.

"Alright, goodbye and enjoy the drink." She said, standing up from her seat, leaving Joe alone.

Joe looks at the unoccupied seat in front of him. He imagined Ben and Evelyn, sitting there.

He smiled at the thought, sipping from his cup.

Focused on Ben

He continued his way in the crowded streets, asking people for directions and going through tight spaces.

"We never saw such cat."

His lip end drops as he walks on in dismay. Where have Evelyn gone?

He looks up on the sky, and it was grey.

It was going to rain. 

Rain.

He pulls out his umbrella and is preparing to bloom it open in case the clouds will cry.

A soft breeze was accumulating in the air. Then a small droplet falls on the pavement. 

Ben presses the button in time before the rain showered down quickly. He began to tug on his jacket, his hand clutching its fabric, because it was getting cold.

Evelyn, he thought, she might get sick because of the rain.

He walked in a faster pace so he can find the cat before the weather can worsen.

Evelyn. That was the only word in his head.

Focused on Joe

He takes a cab so his traveling would at least be a bit faster. He carefully examines the surroundings before going on his way. It then grew cold, and it began to rain. Thank God, Joe brought an umbrella. He presses it open as the rain showered. He tucked in his coat, the breeze growing colder and colder every moment. He walks lonesomely on the streets of New York, trying to find a cat that wasn't even his. However, it belongs to someone he loves. He needed to keep on going.

He then hears clattering nearby. Joe sees a not-so-tight alley with water trickling from its metal trashcan. He then sees fur behind the trash can. Orange fur. He wiped his eyes. 

It is fur. 

He began to rush towards that alley, slightly stumbling from the slippery pavement. He goes nearer to the trashcan slowly.

Meow.

His eyes widen at the sight of the cat, which was slowly going out from the tight space behind. It had a scar on its leg.

"Evelyn!" Joe said, tucking the cat in his coat.

"How I've missed you!" He cuddled Evelyn. "You naughty cat!" Joe laughed. 

He held the umbrella atop of them, still smiling warmly at the feline. 

Joe then hears tapping of feet. Another one went inside the alley. 

"Ben!" Joe smiled, running in to the blonde's open arms. 

"Joe!" The blonde chuckled. "You found her!" He exclaimed.

The stared at each other as the rain trickled down their umbrellas. 

Joe looks down, then at Ben.

"I'm really sorry, Ben. Forgive me."Joe said.

"Why-" Ben was cut off.

Joe smacked his lips at Ben, his hands around his waist. The blonde was shocked, prompting Joe to let go.

"Ben! Please, forgive-" The blonde placed his lips on Joe's.

The two kissed, interlacing their fingers as it got more lovingly. The two held back and stared at each other, but that was cut off when the ginger began to laugh hysterically.

Ben smiled, and joined Joe in the laughter, Evelyn in his coat.

"That's fast." Joe blushed.

"We found the warmth of our own." Ben said, intertwining his fingers with Joe's. 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

whomp whomp : )