Mom

7 years later

14 years old

" Haven I swear get your ass down here right now " I heard my mom scream from downstairs. Her voice slurred and i knew instantly she was drunk. I heard something different this time , her voice was filled with anger. i rushed down the stairs not ready for whatever was coming my way.

"Yes mother" i said as i starred at her appearance. She had the same dark hair as me and everyone said we looked exactly the dame which hurt me. I didnt want to be my mother i was so much more than that i was me. when i was younger i always looked up to her always wanted to be here but now i barely know the women who drowns hersef in alcohol.  

She walked closer to me almost tripping on the air. A drunk move i was completely used to. What i was was not used to was the contact of her fist to my jaw. i stumbled backwards completely shocked.

"Whaa-" I started as I put my hand on my cheek.

"I see the way you look at me you ungrateful bitch . You are in no way better than me so don't you dare look at me like that"

"Mom" I said with tears in my eyes as she shoved me and I landed on the floor.

I was so confused as to why she was hurting me. This was the first time she ever laid a hand on me. I was used to always Dealing with her drunken stage but never like this . I was usually sent to Zayns house when she knew she was getting wasted.

I felt a blow to my rib and I instantly knew there would be a bruise. My lip was bleeding and I couldn't believe this was happening. 

"Leave" Mom screamed at us. "Now" she said grabbing the bottle of vodka and walking away. I got up instantly heading for the back door. I ran as fast as I could next door and rang the door bell.

"Hi Mr.s Malik" I cried

"Oh my honey what's wrong. What happened to your lip. Come in Come in " She let me go from the quick hug and pushed me into the kitchen .

"Zayn" She yelled. "Havens here honey "  she half smiled at me. "Calm down honey everythings alright." she whispered as she tried to clean up my lip.

"What happened Mom is she OK " Zayn said walking up the stairs . He was so used to me coming over when things weren't ok at home. Well today things are really not OK.

I was full on sobbing when Zayn reached the kitchen. "OMG what happened. Are you okay. Who did this.." He looked at me with worried eyes.

I couldn't control my sobs enough to answer him so he made his way to me and pulled me in a hug. I let my tears fall on his shoulder and felt the pain as his hands accidently touched the now sore spot my mom had kicked me in . I fliched and he backed away immediately.

"What , What  did I do" He said scared.

His mom made her way over to me with some supplies to clean the cut on my lips.  I lifted my shirt to now reveal a bruise a little below my ribs. Zayn and his mom both stared at me in shock.

"Haven what happened " Mrs . Malik asked.

" My Mom" I looked down at my feet.

"She did this" Zayn said from across the room his hands were now in fist.

"Please , Please don't say anything " I looked at Mrs. malik.

"Honey you can't keep going on like this. I don't want you to get hurt"

"Please . I don't have any other family around here. If you say something I'll have to leave -

"Mom you can't say anything . She can't leave " Zayn said staring at his mom.

"OK you two go downstairs for a little while I think about this" she stated.

Zayn grabbed  my hand and led me downstairs to his basement.

"Hey Lou " I said as my tears slowed down. Lou was another boy who went to the same music school we went too.  We were all very musically talented and loved music a lot.

"Hey haven"

"Move over Lou" Zayn said. As he made room for me to sit next to him.

Zayn looked at me and I leaned my head on his shoulder. In this moment everything was okay.

---------------------------------------------

Zayn POV.

My best friend in the whole wide world was hurting and I couldn't do anything about it. It was 2 hours later and we were just sitting downstairs playing video games.

It was hard to explain the relationship me and Haven had. I was her rock but she was much more to me. We knew everything about each other , been best friend since we were two years old.

I looked down at haven . Why do bad things happen to good people. Why do I feel the need to protect her.

"Haven , Zayn get up here " Mom yelled from upstairs.

We walked upstairs and my mom genuinely looked at us with so much love .

"So I decided I won't say anything under one condition. Anytime you see your mom drinking you are to come directly here Haven, I don't want  her to hurt you please"  she looked at haven

"Yes Mrs. Malik" Haven said smiling as she went to hug my mom.

"Go get ready for bed both of you . Your staying the night Haven'  Mom said.

"Thank you for everything" Haven looked at me and my mom. I hated seeing the hurt in her eyes.

"Let's go Haven " I smiled at her as I took her upstairs .

She hugged me and I promised to myself  I would always be here for her. She was my best friend and I would always protect her.

SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THIS IS GOING PLEASE. I WILL UPDATE AS SOON AS I GET 2 VOTES AND 2 COMMENTS. I KNOW SPELLING IS CRAP AND I PROMISE IT WILL GET BETTER  LET ME KNOW