Three

Aaron

Once we got back, I gave Laurence and Caleb a job as guards. I didn't really know what to do with Cadenza though. She didn't seem like the guard type so I guess I'll ask around and see if anyone needs any help.

I give the three their own rooms and I go back to mine, thinking of my mate the whole time. Like, why was she injured that badly? What pack was she apart of before? Was she a rogue? All these questions fly by in my head as I fall asleep.

Morning

I show Cadenza and them around the house and show them around the village too. "If you guys need anything at all, don't be afraid to ask anyone at all, okay?" Laurence and Caleb nod their heads and Cadenza clears her throat. "Of course, and thank you for all you have done." I nod my head and take them back to the house.

"Sir, the girl has woken up and is running towards the woods. I have about six guards chasing after her right now." Doc said in the mindlink right as I get in my room. I groan and run my hand through my hair. I run off towards the infirmary and knock on the door. "Which way?"

Doc points to the direction she ran in and I run off. About a minute later I see the girl running towards the steep hill. I change my direction towards her but I see that she loses her focus for a second. Since she lost her focus though, she didn't see the steep slope in front of her and she went tumbling down the hill.

I run to the edge and look down to see the girl lying on her side with blood everywhere, a lot of bruises, and a stick lodged in her left arm. She sits up and looks at her arms and legs and all of a sudden, starts laughing.

After a few seconds, the other guards catch up to me and they look down at the girl. I turn around but then I start hearing a faint voice. "No one even wants me so why, why should I keep on living? I'm a slut who can't even do anything without screwing up everything. That's what Blaze says at least, but hey, he's right."

I look down at the girl and see that she's the one talking. But why is she saying all of this, and who is Blaze? "Blaze is the Alpha of some wolf pack about a twenty minute run from here. She might have been a part of that pack and left for some reason." Katelyn said in the mindlink. "But why would she leave Katelyn?" I ask, this is honestly getting me curious.

I talk to Katelyn about this for a bit until I see the sun setting. I look down at the girl and see that she fell asleep. I walk down the hill and pick her up when I get down there. I head back up the hill and walk back to the house.

When we get to the house I notice that she is starting to burn up. "Cadenza! Can you get a towel and wet it a bit for me?" I yell as I walk to my bedroom. I get in my room and put her down on my bed. A minute later Cadenza comes in with a towel and a bowl filled with water.

She puts the towel in the bowl and then twists the towel to get most of the water off. She puts the towel on the girls forehead and steps back to grab a small medicine cup. Cadenza puts a blue type of medicine in the small cup and lifts it up to the girls mouth. She pours the medicine in her mouth and closes it to make sure she swallows it.

"What is that?" I ask. Cadenza cleans out the cup and put it next to the bowl of water. "It's a medicine I made that helps with almost everything. Fevers included." I call Doc to my room through the mindlink and talk with Cadenza while she comes.

I hear a knock at my door after a few minutes of just talking to Cadenza and I get up and open the door. "Hey, what's wrong?" Doc asks as she walks in. "Well she had a fever but Cadenza gave her some blue medicine that helped her really fast. Do you think she could work with you?"