Chapter 9- part 1/3

Authors note:
Hey guys! The wait is over!
I'm finally here with part 2!!!!
Now, as usual thoughts are in italics while spoken words in normal font...

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy!!
——————————————————————

Previously in 'engaged to my best friend':

Carlo- I'll call u for dinner after I get out of the bath. I know ur hungry but, Sit tight till then, k?

He ruffles my hair....the gesture comforts me, and calms the storm in my mind.
I love it when he does that....

~~~time skip~~~

At that moment, I spot a piece of colorful paper sticking out of one of the pockets....

With My heart in my throat, I read its contents:

To my Beloved,

Time flies when I'm with you,
And time feels forever, every time i lay my eyes on you.
I'll never let you go,
And I'll never stop loving you.

Yours forever,
Carlo

"Carlo....."
That's right, he's always loved me, and he always will..... I have nothing to fear, as long as he's by my side.

"Thx Carlo...."
That must've been Carlos way of cheering me on.

He must've already known this was gonna happen....
*internal sigh*, he's always one step ahead of me...isn't he.
I giggle at my own thoughts as a carefully place the paper in my desk.
---------------------------------------------

Angelines pov:

I've decided. I'm definitely gonna tell him how I feel....now the question is how?

I sit on my bed lost in thought, wondering how I could possibly confess my feelings without completely embarrassing myself....

Maybe I could slip him a letter? Like he did to me!
Or you know...be straight forward for once and tell him face to face?.....ugh!!!! Nope. No way. Not happening. My heart can't take that kinda stress.

I sigh, lamenting my current predicament.

That's when I hear the bathroom door close, and not even a moment later I hear Carlo's voice,

"Angeline! Wanna come join me for dinner?"

I shake myself out of my thoughts and end up stuttering a little as I reply,

"Y-yeah! I'm coming Carlo!"

I quickly go to the living room where I find Carlo sitting on the couch with an extra plate in his hand other than the one on his lap.

I take the plate from his hand while thanking him and sit next to him.

I feel a sudden chill As I sit down, and I realise that thanks to everything going on in my head It had slipped my mind how cold it was this season(even if we were indoors, it was still pretty cold!) and had ended up wearing my shorts instead of my warmer sweat pants!