Book

The bell rang after the literature Professor, Ricca, gave a special task to her students--asking them to pick any kind of novel, whatever the genre, and make a reaction paper to it. She gave an advice to choose what your heart wanted, for that they could create a sublime work.

So, instead of using the break time to eat delectable snacks--the real purpose of it, Calex immediately went to the Library to find a good novel and pass the task even though it's due is still on next week. He's not a polite student nor his name plastered on the class honors, but this particular task made his interest at it's highest level. He wanted to do this.

Dianne, as soon as she noticed where Calex was headed, she excused herself from the group of friends she was with, lied about going to the powder room, and proceeds to her objective--that is, to follow him. Only that, he shouldn't know that she was following, or every one they both know. That would look farcical and she wouldn't like that. But she wanted to do this.

Dianne hid on one of the shelves. Even though her head hurts from all the Mathematics books surrounding her, she has no choice. This shelf is the only shelf nearer to where Calex is now--busy scrutinizing for his purpose book.

And when a book caught his attention, he dramatically gets it and read what's on the front of it. Dianne, on the other hand, could not see in any angle what book he was holding, but she knew what it looks like. "Atleast it's color red" she whispered to herself.

After a minute or two, Calex shook his head and returned the book from where he got it. He placed both of his hands in his pockets and went to the exit door as soon as possible.

Dianne didn't know what made him stopped from scanning that book and stormed out after. Curious, she slowly went to that shelf and gets the exact book.

Her eyes widened after and then she took a deep breath. She deeply sighed and slowly returned the book to its place.

"I'm sorry, Calex..."

Nostalgic memories came in like the mighty ocean's waves. "The One That Got Away," was beautifully engraved on the book they both touched.