Prologue

After Death

~ Death's Gathering~

Book I

­­­­­­

.

..

...

Prologue

...

..

.

Uridad.

It was the name of the fourth planet of the galaxy Zefani, with two moons encircling it, one blood red and the other pearl white. It was once a planet filled with vibrant colours but has now been reduced to a black dot, simply a point in the galaxy's map. A dying planet is what it is.

It was a continental country that was once in the peak of evolution but has now retreated to the abyss of regression and death. Its cities have fallen and only one rose from the ashes of its defeat, Eidolon; the last and walled city state of Uridad.

Looking over Eidolon's skyline was the reputable Seathred Tower. The architectural structure reminded mankind that they were proud creatures standing tall and mighty over obscurity and the wavering hope of a tomorrow that has once passed. Seathred Tower, a symbolic place of utopia, but for now it was merely a dwelling place of creatures that were not of its world, no, Uridad was merely an afterthought, just a single word to describe the sentence of the world that was theirs, and its concept could never be grasped by mere mortals and their selfish minds. These creatures to the world are invisible like the wind or one's breath, but to these vigilantes the world is merely a body that is dependent upon them.

"Samantha! That's your-"

"Yes I know Alex. Does it always have to be this itchy?" The woman named Samantha asked her companion as she scratched her ink tainted wrist, her long and red flaming locks was flying behind her.

It was that time of month when it was their turn to scavenge the area for potential soul recruits. If someone was to ask her what she hated most about her job, it was this, harvesting innocence and tainting them with unconventional truth.

Alex smirked at her, his grey hawk like eyes pulling his lazy gaze off the sky line of the city and towards his scythe that used to hang limply on his back. He slowly reached for the blade and turned it from side to side, the deadly piece of silver emitting an ethereal glow brought about by the shadow of the moonlight.

"If you don't want to, we could always depend on Matthias." By the mention of the name an ice blade was callously thrown at the back of Alex's head which he casually evaded at the split second. Without so much as a turn, he had casted his attention to his back.

A large wisp of wind followed by the rumbling of the night air was heard by the pair of wayward hunters, the pronounced recognition that something black and silky glided in front of them quickly became apparent and then swiftly landed on the tower's edge.

A large bird like creature appeared before them; he gracefully stood up, his silhouette slightly hazy against the backdrop of the night. His stance was almost disillusioned against the evening canvas and if it wasn't for the silver glimmer of his scythe he would be. His tall posture offered a sense of fore bonding and a hood comfortably concealed his face. The light rumble of his baritone sliced the cold crisp air of silence and effectively announced to all who bear witness that he was man.

"Don't kid yourself, I just returned from the A.L.D.,"

"Ah yes, always the busy man, ain't got time for your friends?" Alex playful told the man now known as Matthias Elward, the team leader of their trio. To this Matthias replied with a scowl.