Chapter Thirty-five

Hi, you can now read chapters thirty-six to Forty now on my Patreon! Choose my date with a billionaire tier link on my profile! 🩷

............

Emilie didn’t waste any time getting back to the hospital. She had Jeff cut people off in traffic and break red lights, and she would worry about the consequences of her actions later. Alicia was awake. That was the only thing that mattered to her right now. Jeff parked the SUV in front of the hospital and Emilie opened the door and run to Alicia’s room. Sanna and Ariel stood at the door in a heated conversation.

Sanna looked past Ariel, “Thank god you’re here, we need to tell you something.”

Emilie frowned, “What’s wrong?”

Ariel sighed, “It’s Alicia she doesn’t rem- “She didn’t finish, a doctor called Emilie’s name.

“Hello, Ms. Ferla, we have some news on Ms. Delaurentis.” The doctor looked at her clipboard. “She woke up, and we got better treatment for the bullet wound. Because of the lack of oxygen in her brain, she has little or no short-term memory. It’s not going to last forever, something would make her remember again. She will get discharged in two days. We just have to do some more tests and a brain MRI.”

Emilie squinted at the doctor. “Wait, you’re going too fast. She doesn’t remember anything? Not even her parents?”

“She can’t remember her daughter Emilie.”

Emilie took a deep breath. Alicia couldn’t remember Amia. That little girl was the most important person to her. She couldn’t remember the little girl she gave birth to. “I need to sit down.” Emilie sat down and took a deep breath.

“I know this sounds depressing, but I know this might be annoying. All I can say is pray and have faith that she remembers quickly.” The doctor says.

Emilie runs a hand down her face harshly, “What can we do to help her remember?”

“Don’t force it, because you don’t want to trigger a traumatizing moment in her life. She would most likely have triggered trauma PSTD, so please keep that in mind and have patience with her during this time. Her mind might not remember you but her body might, so you might see her do something she is accustomed to doing and getting happy thinking it’s a memory, but it isn’t just patient with her.”

Emilie looked at the door. “Can I go see her?”

“Of course, you can. Maybe start by telling her your name or the relationship she has with you.” Emilie nodded at the doctor and took a deep breath.

Alicia woke up to a bright light. She heard beeping noises that rang in her ears and opened her eyes but closed them harshly. She blinked a few times to adjust to the white light of the room.

“Oh my god Ali, you’re awake.” Someone shouts, “Let me go to the doctor!”

“Who’s Ali?” Alicia thought.

A woman in a white coat walked into the room. “Hello Alicia, Can you hear me?” she takes out her slight light and points it at her eyes. “If you can hear me, please nod.”

Alicia nodded, she looked at him, “Who’s Alicia?”

“You’re Alicia.”

She turned to the woman at her side. “Who are you?”

“You don’t remember me? I’m Sanna, your best friend.”

“Alicia, do you remember anything? Your name? Birthday? Place you live?” The doctor asks.