Meeting

"Blaire!" I heard in a corner of my head. I woke up. "Where am I? " I didn't remember anything from last night. I was in the middle of the forest. Cold snow was falling down. I was wearing a yellow jacket and blue winter pants. I had a blue scarf around my neck and a yellow hat. I remembered that I was heading to the barn to get some eggs for my sick mom. How did I get there? I tried to get up on my feet, but I couldn't. One of my legs was broken. I screamed for help. No one. "What was I thinking?! I'm in the middle of nowhere!" I said to myself. Then, I heard steps coming. I said "Here!!!" hoping they would help. It seemed like there were two huge humans coming, but, to my surprise, it was a big black horse.
- HI. You can't help. What are you doing here?
The horse got down next to me in the snow. He looked at me and sniffed. He was letting me pet him and touch him. I thought how he could help me. I put my hands around his neck and I pulled myself onto his back. I had some balance. He got up with me on him and waited.
- Good boy! Now, do you know where we are?
He shook his head, showing his teeth.
- I'll take that as a no. But, where did you come from?
He started waking slowly at the beginning until he understood I could hold onto him. He ran to a small barn. No one was there and no one around. The place was like completely forgotten about. The stallion went and rested.
- Why are you here? Did you get dumped?
He sniffed, agreeing. How horses' language was new to me, I didn't understand his response, but I knew he wasn't fed any good food in a while and that no one brushed or washed him.
I walked around. That old barn was falling apart. It was clear that no one was using it anymore. Happily, there were old saddles and bridles. I searched for a saddle pad. I didn't want to be cruel with him or cause him any pain. The stallion looked like a Frisian horse, one of the most beautiful horse breeds. He was strong and muscular.
Finally, after hours of searching, I found that saddle pad I was looking for. Then, I had to get the horse to stand up. He listened to me. He stood there while I tacked him.
- Please don't do anything stupid! I warned him.
I got on his back and that saddle was actually comfortable. We went out again. The clouds were no longer there and a winter sun was shining.
- We got lucky, boy! Now, I think I know how to get home. Let's go! I said while he prepared to storm out of that place.