Chapter 2: Another World

Once they stepped out, they were surprised.

They saw a boy, lying down on the ground, looking at them in confusion. He suddenly stood up.

"Who are you?" His hands were in fists. They were in flames.

"Calm down.. We're not here to hurt you." Atlas stepoed closer, putting his hands up.

"I'm Atlas, and these are Anthony, Gary, Luna, Sabrina, and Eliza. We're from the Moonshire realm." He said, pointing as he said each of their names. "What are you doing here?" the boy's fists softened. And his expression  became relaxed. "We just wanted to see what Alium is like." Luna gave a warm smile. The boy kept silent.

"My name is Caro." he took his hand out. Atlas shook it. "So.. How did you guys get here?" He asked, looking behind them, only to see that the door has disappeared. "Through a Portal Gate in Moonshire." Eliza said. "A Portal Gate?" Caro looked back at them. "Yeah. It's a certain place you can use to go to the 6 main realms." Anthony said, looking around. "And what are you doing here?" Sabrina stepped forward. "Oh. Uhm, someone sent me here to kill a couple of monsters. You guys wanna help?" He smiled. "Sure." Gary said.

-----------

They walked together, telling things about themselves. They told their stories and adventures. "So... Is everyone alright?" Gary said, walking beside Caro. "People died, so that's not so great." Caro looked down. "Well, at least your siblings are alright. And your girlfriend." Anthony placed his hand on his shoulder. "Yeah."  Caro nodded.

"Where exactly did the monsters come from?" Sabrina was walking nervously, close to Gary. "Well, we don't really know. But when we were fighting with some of them, one of them mentioned Kiatix." Caro said. Luna froze in her tracks. "Kiatix?" She muttered. "I guess they were looking for it. But they were in the wrong dimension." Caro shrugged, as he stopped. "What if they're looking for Valaine too?" Luna shivered. "That's possible cause there were different kinds of them." Caro said. Luna kept silent. She was worried on their plans.

Suddenly, rustling was heard in the surroundings. Everyone kept silent. They heard it again. This time, Luna and the others quickly transformed. Caro watched, almost surpried. "Oh, so that's what you mean." He smiled. He took his fists, and they lit on fire, Gary and Anthony could feel the heat from where they were standing. Twigs snapped and a deep rumble shook the ground beneath.

A huge form started emerging from the trees in front of them. A cyclops. It spotted them and started approaching. Caro attacked first. He ran past the giant, confusing it. It turned to see Caro's flames, meeting his face. The giant groaned as the flames burned its head.

Atlas lunged forward, scratching the beast's chest, dragging his claws down. The others soon took action, biting, scratching.

The cyclops tumbled back, surprised as so many was attacking all at once. Caro took the final hit, and the cyclops fell to the ground. He sighed.

Luna and the others transformed. They walked slowly to the corpse, looking at its burnt body parts, with deep scratches all over. They winced and looked away. "Was that a cyclops?" Sabrina hurriedly walked away. "Yes. And probably not the only creature around here." Caro said, sitting and resting near a tree. "You guys fought well.. " he chuckled. "Eh, we've seen worse.. " Anthony said.

"How many more?" Gary panted. "Probably tons more." Caro said, standing up. "I think they're from Prodigium..." Eliza muttered. "What?" Luna's eyes lit up. "What if they're from Prodigium? The monster realm?" She crossed her arms. Caro's expression changed. "How did they get here? And why do they want to go to Kiatix?" He thought. "Maybe they're..looking for something?" Atlas said, walking away from the dead cyclops. "Maybe. But.. From what I know... Most of the treasures are in the Loch realm.." He looked down.

Just then again, a loud sound was heard. It was nearing.
A Chimera appeared. "Here we go again.. " Caro sighed, as his flames appeared again, this time circling his whole body. Just then again, another appeared. Luna gasped. They tranformed quickly. The two creatures roared as a bright flame was given off by Caro. To their surprise, the creature roared and fire came out of its mouth. Caro's eyes widened. Then the corners of his lips curled into a smirk.

Eliza lunged forward, attacking the second one. But then again, a third one appeared. "How many are there?" Gary whined. He started attacking too.

Soon, the creatures were getting more pissed and breathed fire, with the woods almost catching on fire. One of them was already gone. Caro was still focusing on the first one, who was hissing and scratching him. He started getting angrier and lunged towards the creature, knocking it out. Then soon after, burning it with his flames.

Luna was getting tired so she ended it.
Her eyes became white and she became that  wolf again. With one hit, it died. They transformed back to human.

Caro looked surprised. "Wow. Why didn't you just do that?" He laughed. Atlas suddenly went between them. "I just wanted to keep it fun." She chuckled. "Right. Yeah. She's mine. So." Atlas intervened. "Atlas!" She slapped his back. "I have no intention! I have a girlfriend too you know." Caro smirked. "To be honest, me and Atlas aren't even official.. " Luna laughed. Atlas rollled his eyes as Gary and Anthony were snickering behind them.
"Anyway, why don't we take a break?" Sabrina sighed as she sat down. They all did and they talked a little more.

It started to get a little late. So far nothing has been happening.

Atlas felt something quickly swift by behind him. He went silent and gestured the others to do too.

Then Caro felt a sharp pain by his shoulder. He turned and saw a small ugly creature standing behind him. Its skin was a pale green, its eyes sunken in to its sockets. Its ears long and pointy, like an elf's. Its nose round and its head has an unusual proportion to its body.

It smiled widely, showing off pointy and crooked teeth. "Goblins." Caro's brows furrowed. He stood up and blasted the goblin with his flame, making it shoot to the tree. The rest of them stood, and transformed to their wolf form.

Cackles and laughter echoed through the forest. And soon they were surrounded by about 30 goblins. They were holding swords and hammers. The goblins ran towards them, but only some were able to get a scratch on Luna and the others. Eventually, most of the goblins were killed and some got away.

"Well, that was.. Fun." Anthony sighed. "Yeah. I think we've done enough for today." Caro chuckled as he held his shoulder. "Let's go to my apartment." he smiled. The others agreed and they turned around.

So that you can understand more of who Caro is and the Alium realm, please please read Strayed Away: Guardian by ReeseSeah. I have said it multiple times. And it is very essential to the story. Not only will it give you extra information but its a great book as well. Thanks for understanding everyone! 💗