Prolouge

Hey its Sarah, I wrote this horror / suspence story. i hope you like it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slammed the closet closed and i shoved myself into the corner. I held my  breath. Each squeaky step on the floor quicken my heart. peered under the door slightly. There was a shadow moving across. I felt the cold tears going down my face. I shut my eyes and held my breath.

"Rock aby baby on the tree tops." a small cold whispery voice sang in the quiet stil air. "when the wind blows the cradle will rock."

I squeazed my eyes shut. I took in small sharp breaths.The voice that used to be comforting seemed now threatful. And that was the song she sang to me every night. The one that sent me to sleep. Was now a threathing song that called to put me into eternal sleep like the dog and the cat were now.

"When the bow breaks the craddle will fall." The voice stops and the shadows shift. "Down will come baby cradle and all." A last sharp breath leaves somebody.

I hear the sounds of the steps going back down stairs. When i hear the front door close i let out a shaky sigh. I sob for a long time before i slowly open the closet. The rug was soaked in a ugly red liquid. I held back my revoltion and the urge to throw up. I crawled out and saw my brother laying on the floor. The liquid was oozing out of his mouth.

"Mark?" i wishpered so quietly and shook him slightly

His eyes were staring up. So lifeless. Those lovely green eyes empty of emotion. I shake him again. blood coated my hands and i wiped it on my shirt. I began to cry. My mind buzzed how could she explode like this? Why?

I sat there crying. I breathed hard. My brother the only person i'd ever opened up to was dead. His once warm arms that held me when mommy and daddy died., are now still and cold. His smiling face was now so lifeless and cold.his bright green eyes that used to be so thoughtful and now vacant. He was so young. Only 14.

I got up and ran to my room. It was empty and torn apart. I searched for my favorite flower. I find it trampled. I cried and took it to Mark. I placed it in his hand a withered rose. i kiss his forehead softly. I closed his eyelids for him. My brother who promised me he'd be strong for me, was gone. Now it was my turn to be strong for him. He needed his strength, when he looked so pale and weak.

"I'll protect you mark, I'll be strong for you now." I whispered

I saw a note by the bed. I picked it up and read. My lovely robynn. He betryed me. He told. But i know you wont Robynn. Robynn i know you wont sing for anyone or else.

I clutched the note in a mixed emotion of pain, fear and revenge. Robynn you wont sing for anyone or else. I nodded softly to myself and looked down. I won't sing. I promise i wont tell anyone what you did. Then kissed  his head one more time before getting up coated in blood clutching the note.I clutched my hands and stared at my dead brother.

I promised you.

I've kept it for 8 years.  

I intended to keep it.

Until now.