05

~

~

Jungkook ruffled his wet hair, trying to rid his hair of the enormous amount of shampoo he had applied. He scrubbed at his body, the menthol scent of the soap calming him down. His eyes drifted to the pale red water flowing into the drain and he sighed, recalling the events of last night. One of his favorite white t-shirts had been completely ruined, all because Hoseok had gotten a little too excited with the target.

"I'll get him next time," Jungkook grumbled to himself, carelessly drying himself, more than half of his body still dripping wet as he got dressed.

He had returned home late last night and had slept even later. So Jungkook had decided to keep his repair shop closed for the day.

Dropping his used towel into the laundry basket, Jungkook made his way to the refrigerator, grabbing a carton of Tropicana orange juice and taking a swig from the nozzle. He placed it back and leaned against the open door of the refrigerator, sighing at the contents inside it.

"It's time to go grocery shopping," he muttered to himself, pulling out a tupperware box of leftover chicken noodle soup from God knows how long back. He opened up the lid and took a sniff, nodding to himself once he deemed it wasn't spoiled yet. He hummed to himself as he grabbed a spoon from the cutlery holder and plopped onto the dusty brown couch.

Jungkook's house was more like a studio apartment, attached to the rear end of his garage — a single room with an attached bathroom, a simple living area for a simple bachelor. Except Jeon Jungkook was anything but a simple bachelor.

His skeleton ring glinted as sunlight hit the metal. Jungkook placed the tupperware into the kitchen sink carelessly, not intending on washing it anytime soon. He lived like that, least bothered and least interested in keeping his house in order. He had grown used to giving no fucks about the way he lived long back.

A loud bang echoed on the main door and Jungkook sighed as he walked over to open it. He had opened the door only halfway but a figure strode in confidently heading straight towards the refrigerator.

"Excuse me," Jungkook grunted, lips curling into a small smile. "You could at least say a good morning before you decide to walk in like tha—"

A loud and dramatic gasp cut him off mid-sentence and Jungkook crossed his arms across his chest, knowing fully well what was coming.

"There's nothing in your refrigerator," the figure exclaimed, turning to face Jungkook with disappointed eyes. "And your house looks like a pigsty. When are you going to get yourself together Jeon?"

Jungkook huffed, ruffling his wet hair. "It really isn't that bad alright? Can you stop acting like my dad?"

"Being worried means acting like your dad now?" The figure exclaimed, brows furrowing in concern. "If that's the case I'm fine with being called your dad kid."