two

the rush slowed as it started nearing lunch time, so the three decided to order some food from the nearest place that delivered. jackson and mark quickly sat down at the table nearest to the front desk, just in case more students come in. "god, i can't believe how many books we have to put away now," jackson complained, rubbing his forehead when he remembered all the people who came in. "right? how can they feel that entitled? they really need someone to come along and just slap the ego out of them," mark scoffed, looking at the large array of texbooks on the rolling cart.

while the two looked defeated, jaebeom walked over after calling in their order with a beaming face. the manager was smiling like there was no tomorrow, it felt like his giddiness was radiating off of his body. to say the least, the other two were so surprised he looked that happy, even to the point that they were almost confused. mark and jackson shared one look and immediately knew they were thinking the same exact thing.

when jaebeom sat down, he quickly noticed his co workers staring at him with mischievous smiles painted in their faces. the happy aura around the manager gradually disappeared when he realized his friends were up to no good. a sigh escaped his mouth, as he mentally prepared himself for whatever the duo was going to do. "so... how's your shift so far?" jackson asked, propping his elbows onto the table and resting his head on his hands. mark mirrored his friend's actions and raised an eyebrow towards jaebeom.

jaebeom cleared his throat and acted like he wasn't just walking around like a child who got some ice cream. he stretched his arms and slouched in the arm chair, further trying to prove that nothing happened. he hummed thinking of a response, "it's okay, nothing special," and turned on his phone to check the time. though he didn't really need to the check the time, rather he just wanted to avoid looking at mark and jackson. their heavy gazes already made him uncomfortable, and he wasn't even making eye contact.

mark just hummed, and looked to jackson for him to continue their interrogation. that's how the duo always worked, jackson would ask questions, and mark would push you to answer them with his facial expressions alone. because of this, it didn't take their manager long to cave and have the smile fall back on his face. his first reaction was to use his hand to cover his face, and his second was to laugh at how stupid he was acting. watching jaebeom just made the couple across from his share another knowing look. jaebeom had a puppy love crush.

when jaebeom stopped giggling like a school girl, he finally made eye contact with his friends. he let out a sigh as he thought about the stranger again, and jackson and mark couldn't stop themselves from laughing over how he was acting. jackson broke the cute moment by asking "so, what's his name?" and that's when jaebeom's face dropped.

he didn't even get his name.