Chapter 9

The strangers had turned into something weird. They were now wearing colored suits; red, blue, and yellow. The entire scenario seemed like something taken out of a comic book.

This shit is crazy!

"So, these Power Rangers... are they superheroes or something?" Pamela asked.

"Oh, yes." Ziggy replied enthusiastically. "They've been defending the city the last few days."

"Last few days, uh? So they showed up right after Venjix's massive attack?"

"Exactly."

Pamela observed the Rangers as they fought the robots. She wondered which one was supposed to be the leader. Could it be the yellow one? Things would always get done quicker with a woman in charge.

In a way, she felt sorry for them. They were literally carrying the weight of the world. She could never handle such a responsibility.

Ziggy cheered when the Rangers defeated the ugly robot. The guy screamed close to her ear, but her gaze remained on the rainbow heroes. Dillon was also watching them, as if nothing else mattered.

An army of drones appeared and proceeded to attack the Rangers, as well as civilians. Pamela could hear Ziggy's screams, but remained unbothered. By the looks of it, so did Dillon.

The Rangers were now driving robots of their own, which had animal forms. They managed to take out several drones, but the grinders were preparing an attack with a laser under the yellow bear robot.

"Look, grinders." Ziggy said, pointing at them. "They're gonna ambush Yellow."

"I hate grinders." Dillon sighed. He drove towards the control tower, taking them out and forcing the laser to explode in the air, destroying all the remaining drones.

The Yellow Ranger's voice could be heard from the distance, as she thanked Dillon.

The battle was now over. Ziggy sighed in relief, while Pamela closed her eyes, and wondered where she was going to sleep tonight. There weren't any more threats in sight, so they all got out of the car.

The Yellow Ranger approached them and revealed her face. Now that she could see her properly, Pamela noticed that she was quite pretty, with blonde hair and a kind smile.

"Hey." Her eyes were on Dillon. "I don't know how to thank you."

"You could start with some gas, maybe some water, and I'll be on my way."

Pamela watched their exchange, glancing from Dillon to the Yellow Ranger. She was about to say something, when she felt somebody grab her. "What are you doing?!"

A group of men, which seemed to be from the military, grabbed them by the arms, and one of the officers ran a scanner over them.

"Look, I'm not staying!" Dillon protested.

"It's cool, guys. I'm tight with my amigos here, Mr. Hero himself, and Pam." Ziggy explained.

The officer with the scanner pointed it at Dillon. "He's an infiltrator."

What is that supposed to mean?

"I don't even know this dude." Ziggy exclaimed.

The officer ignored him. "Sir, picking up internal Venjix hardware, sir. Generation 7 at least."

Pamela stared at Dillon with her eyes wide open. He was a robot? Dillon was a robot? How was that possible? Is he like Terminator?

The Yellow Ranger remained silent, with a shocked expression on her face. Pamela noticed the other two Rangers arrive at the scene, but couldn't take a good look at them.