Marion based Galen Stone conducted therapeutic services while working with youth

Care giving involves the routine rendering of care provided by a caregiver. Serving as a part time caregiver, Galen Stone from Marion provided the services to the two men on the private contract basis. Out of the two, one was suffering from Alzheimer's disease. He personally believed that caring for a person with this disease teaches you unexpected lessons that have a lasting impression on your lives. Here, Galen dispensed medications, cooked, cleaned and played games with them. Besides, he also exercised with them and took them to all the medical appointments and the social functions.

Marion based Galen Stone also served as the care manager and the program director of CFFC program at Brockton Area Multi-Services, Inc. Here, he developed and served multiple roles in the pilot program for the State. This program was conducted as a response to the lawsuits initiated by the parents as their children were receiving inadequate services through the state run programs. Here, he was responsible for the coordination and wraparound services for more than 50 at-risk families within Brockton. Besides, Galen facilitated meetings and services on all fronts on behalf of the children and their families. He also conducted home-based therapeutic services while working with the youth and their families.

Besides care giving, Galen Stone was actively involved in fundraising for Life Resources, Inc. Being the Director of Fundraising; he supervised all the aspects for the agency that included annual and strategic planning, annual appeal, corporate giving and special gifts, donor solicitation, and public relations. Besides supervising these aspects, Galen also helped in producing agency video and coordinated all special events. He worked closely with the President of the Agency, Board of Trustees and Committees and helped raise over $500,000 dollars in an 18-month period.

Back in early 90s, Galen Stone performed as Family Therapist and led the team of Violator Group Program, helping the victims raise voices against the culprits and helping them getting back to the normal life. As a Family Therapist, Galen was supposed to help people with anger Management, life skills, behavioral skills and much more.

Being a renowned family and individual therapist, Galen provided the service to DYS and DSS Youths and families at Charles Hayden Goodwill Inn School. Here, he worked for the violator group treatment program exclusively for the emotionally disturbed adolescent boys in a residential setting.