Part 5

NEXT MORNING

R

agini went down after becoming fresh and everyone are at dining table.

Aadarsh: it’s okay papa I can manage here.

Durga Prasad: no aadarsh. I can’t let my enemies to win over us.

Aadarsh: I can understand but your presence is also important.

Laksh: it’s okay bhai. I will manage..I will try to manage

Aadarsh: but you don’t have any experience in that.

Ragini sighed and didn’t pay any attention to the further as it is not related to her. She silently ate the breakfast and left the place.

***********

BAADI

Sharmista exahaled a deep breath after turning off the gas. A tear escaped her eyes and she headed towards their bedroom.

Dadi: sharmista! Any urgency?

Shomi: no ma. I will be back in few minutes.

Without giving any further chance for her mother in law to speak, she immediately bolted the door behind her. Tears kept flowing down her eyes. She glanced at the family photo near dressing table and closed her eyes.

Shomi: why God? What rivalry do you have with my daughters? Don’t know where my swara is and how she is living and ragini has got married to a divorcee? Is this the gift I got for my prayers? If yes, then I will never pray you from now..never ever.

After few hours, shekar came home for lunch. His eyes welled up tasting paneer as it is swara’s favourite but he immediately wiped those tears without anyone notice

*********

SAME NIGHT

Ragini came to her room but a bit disturbed because she didn’t see laksh at dining. She sighed and buried her face in books. Late at night,when she realised that laksh didn’t come, she went to study to check him but he is not there even.

Ragini:( to herself) why did you start worrying for him? He will come. Just go and sleep now.

**************

NEXT MORNING

Baby Rays of sun touched her cheeks as usual but her heart is not the same. It became light when she observed that laksh was not in the room. She went to the balcony and streched her arms. The air she inhaled felt fresh and had new smell. May be because she didn’t see his face today. She spent few minutes and they sat in the cradle. The view of rising sun, Howrah bridge from at far distance, chirping of birds, cool breeze is perfect from there. She then understood why her husband always loved to spend his time in balcony. She went down after getting fresh and for the first time, she offered prayers.
Durga prasad’s lips curved into a satisfactory smile because she is trying to become a member of this family.

Aadarsh: papa..papa.

Annapurna: what happened aadarsh. Why are you so excited?

Aadarsh: actually ma..laksh succeeded. He proved that he is eligible to be a member of our board.
Durga prasad’s smile now touch his ears. Ragini frowned at his words but later she observed that even her chacha is missing. It confirmed that they are out of the city. She sighed heavily and went to kitchen to help her bhabhi.