Chapter One

Apparently, the corridors is filled with students. The atmosphere is invade by the sounds of chitchats. I just walk to my locker without catching anyone's attention.

I'm standing infront my locker, open it and grab my history book. Shutting my locker, I made my way to my next class. It's not hard to walk pass my fellow schoolmates, since I'm like a ghost to them.

Yeah, I'm alive and yet no one seems to see or even notice me. Some may glance at me, but after that, they'll eventually get back on their pace as if they've seen nothing.

Don't get me wrong, I like this kind of life. I don't like to be the center attention. Aside from being an introvert, everyone stresses me out. From starting a conversation to being close to them.

"Okay class, turn in your textbook to page 154," Mr. Salmons says.

History class is apparently one of my favourite class. All of my classmates, just boredly listen to our teacher's slow discussion. Which causes peace and silence.

This is where I usually ended up writing something in my journal. Yeah, call me typical. But writing for me, is an addictive hobby.

In the middle of writing my fourth poem, I got startle by the bell. Dismissal is here.

Time sure flies fast.

"Don't forget to review for a quiz tomorrow," Mr. Salmon announces.

Everyone just got their way out of the boredom hole. I stand up and grab my stuffs.

When I was about to completely exist the room, Mr. Salmons calls out to me.

"Excuse Miss, but can you give these papers to Mrs. Wendel?"

I told you, none of them know me. But oddly enough, I got notice by my history teacher.

He held out a file of papers and pass it to me. It's quite heavy but I can manage.

"Make sure to not drop it, those papers are for enrollment of the new students," He commands.

I nod and got out.

I'm now walking the halls to Mrs. Wendel's Office. She's the guidance councilor of Morlinn's High. She's very strict with everything. I literally mean, everything. From what you wear to the records of activities you done within the school years. Aside from that, she is very cranky. Well, who wouldn't? Controlling and monitoring almost a thousands of students with half the day, for 7 days straight.

But some says, she wasn't like that before. She was softer and a lot different. Some may consider it because of stress and pressure. But there are some unproven rumors about her sudden change of attitude.

Strange enough for me to hear those rumors, I still didn't care. I just wanna get my high school degree then I'm out of here.

I'm standing infront her office door. I knock eventhough my arms weren't able to hold much the weight in seconds.

Good thing that door swings open and I took a step in. The room is quite dark since it's late in the afternoon. The only bright source of light is the sunset raying from the big window and her desk lamp.

"Yes, what is it?" I heard a voice from the my side.

I turn and see Mrs. Wendel's making coffee on her coffeemaker. Her back was facing me while she didn't bother to look at me.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Wendel, Mr. Salmons wanted me to give this enrollment papers."

She still didn't turn around. She held up a hand and points at her desk.

I just quickly place them on the desk and made my way out.

---------

I was walking down the street. I would just stop by a coffee house or any book store before I go home. But today, I would probably just save my allowance for the next new release novels. Nerd alert.

I'm a few blocks from home. I heard some chattering from a distance. I turn to where the sound was coming from. I saw a group of boys.

"Oh no." I whispered to myself.

I quicken my pace. But unlucky, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I didn't have to look at him to know his identity.

"Hey," He greeted.

Just great.