Chapter Ten.

Hey guys, it's me again. I just wanted to let you know that this chapter is in Rutila's POV and I'll also be featuring Esperanza in this chapter. She's a real bitch right? Don't worry about her, just enjoy the chapter.

Rutila

Everything at home is so boring. Everyone has been so distant lately, I hardly even see my twin brother anymore. No more fun nights, my mom is away for a few months, Eva left us and my abuela isn't her usual bubbly self. Alejandro is the only one I can talk to these days, my abuela refuses to tell me why Eva left the house and Eva hasn't even called me all this while.

Oh well, Alejandro asked me to meet him at our usual hideaway. It's a place that's peaceful and beautiful, lots of flowers and a shimmering waterfall with stones that resemble diamonds. I sometimes imagine a place like that came from a barbie movie or something like that.

I quickly take a shower, run a brush through my hair and letting it fall freely on my back, I apply little makeup and wear a white top, black jeans and white converse with a black leather jacket. I grab my phone and slide it into my back pocket. I rush out, lock my door and get out of the house. I really don't want to see my abuela at all, she won't even explain what happened with Eva.

After a thirty minutes, I arrive at our secret place. I look around and find him sitting on the edge of the cliff. I tiptoe as quietly as I can and tickle him.

"Whoa, you scared me." He says while looking as if he's trying to slow his heartbeat.

I sit beside him and plant a quick kiss on his lips. He stares in space for a few seconds before he shakes his head and turns to face me.

"Rutila, I have to tell you something. But you have to promise not to run from me." He says, he eyes searching mine and pleadingly

"Nothing, nothing would ever make me leave you. I love you." I say while cupping his face

He takes a deep breath before looking into my eyes.

"I lied to you about something. I'm...uh...Salvador Acero, my father is a powerful drug lord and I'm so sorry for lying to you. Please forgive me." He admits, his eyes looking teary

WHAT!??!

"How could you lie to me, I trusted you. What am I supposed to do now? I can't be with a drug Lord's son. I won't endanger my life because of you." I sneer

"You don't even know the whole truth." he yells

I stare at him in shock. He has never raised his voice at me

"What i meant to say is that, you don't know the whole truth." He says with a much calmer tone

"And what is the truth? I'm sure I don't want to hear it."

"Eva is my sister." He admits

There is a sudden freeze in the environment. The birds stop chirping and it feels like time just froze.

Oh my god. Somebody kill me right here and right now.

"What!?" My voice is so loud and clear

"You heard me. She's my sister." he says simply

I gape at him in utter shock and disbelief. I can't believe this. Wait a minute, if he's Eva's brother. Is he my cousin? Oh my god. I've been dating my cousin and I didn't even know it.

"I know what you're thinking, we're half siblings. Same dad but different mom. Rutila please don't let this get in the way of our love. I beg you." He pleads as he holds my hands