Prologe

The pain that tore through her body only reminded her that she had a ten percent of surviving. Moniques vision faded in and out.

“ Her dragon is growing to fast…” The royal healers voice faded. Moniques  bones broke and reshaped to make room for her dragons anatomy.

“Mother…?” Monique reached for her mothers hand. Finding her mother's hand, Monique screamed as bones broke. And then she looked up and saw that her legs were wet, sticky, and full of blood.

“Hang in there, Monique.” her mother whispered in her ear.

“Mother.” Monique’s vision started to fade again.

The healer, used the last of the towels to clean her legs, “We need to remove the sheets on her bed. There is too much blood to try to keep everything clean.”

The servants worked the sheets from under Monique and off the bed. Monique’s vision faded again, her breathing slowed.

“Monique?” her mother asked in a worried tone.

“Monique?!” this time it was the royal healer.

“What is happening?” Her mother asked.

The healer went back to her legs, and looked at her mother.

“What happened?”

“My queen…”

Monique’s vision fades to black cutting off whatever the royal healer was saying.

(Throne Room present day:)

The lightning clashed  in the sky and thunder roared. Monique blinked away the vision that she just had. She sat on her throne next to her mothers and calmed the hell hound pups that curled up on her lap. She looked down next to her, where Charles was sitting with one of the older pups.

“Charles?” Monique said suddenly.

“Yes, Monique?”

“I am going to put you're lessons on hold for now.” Monique said, getting up from her throne.

She walked out and Charles followed. Making their way down the hall, a flash of lightning shot across the sky.

Monique stopped walking, “Charles, there is something lurking in the dark; I want you to carry this with you at all times.”

She handed Charles a necklace that held a dragon made of gold with a blood stone in it’s mouth.

“I want you go home, spend time with your family.” Monique said.

“When will I be able to return?” Charles asked.

“I don’t know.” Monique said.

X

Charles knocked on his parents door.

“COMING!”

When the door opened, his mother stood there.

“Charles?!”

“Hey mom.” Charles said.

“Well don’t just stand there; come give your mother a hug.” Vicky said.

Charles gave his mother a hug.

“What are you doing home so early?”

“Monique put my lessons on hold due to the weather.”

“Well come in, and we can wait for you're father to come home.”

X

Monique walked back to the throne room, an uneasy feeling coming to her. Her dragon lashed inside of her.

I don’t like this feeling....

“I know.” Monique answered back.

As she entered the throne room, something tried to grab her from behind; but failed. She watched as the creature head rolled to the thrones.

Monique looked up and saw herself.

“What a pity, he was one of my best.” it hissed.

“You don't belong here.” Monique growled back.

The creature grabbed her mother and all that filled the throne room was her mother's scream as she fell.

“Mother!!!” Monique yelled.

More hands reached for her and Monique fought back until a sharp pain dove into her back , causing her to fall to her knees.

“I have to say.” the thing said, as it did the same to her father, “ I love wearing your skin… there is so much power.” it hissed.

The last thing she saw was her brother ripping through the creatures that held him back. Then everything went dark.