Chapter 1

Everyone in the Northern Kingdom knew something was happening, but no one ever spoke of it.

“The middle kingdoms have fallen dark.” noted the royal visiar.

“I saw the light burn out” The king had said.

The storm suddenly went silent, the rain slowed down to a drizzle. Then a flash of light flew across the sky.

“What the hell?”

Then hearing a piercing roar, and then feeling the ground shake under their feet.

“Father… what was that?”

The king of the northern kingdom, started to walk out of the throne room, “Get the royal healer and some guards.”

“ Father, is this necessary?”

“I do not know what could be out there.” He said, “We need to be ready for anything.”

As they walked out of the castle, everyone followed the crater that led to a white dragon with tree and vines. The dragons breathing was heavy and rapid. Everyone stopped in their place.

“Prince Tsu’tey!” The royal visiar said bowing low to the ground.

The white dragon hissed; not in a threatening way but in a more painful way.

“Father, the prince is hurt.”

The king looked to where his daughter was pointing and saw that he had gashes that possibly went to his human form. The white dragon painfully shifted into his human form where most of the damage was. The royal healer rushed to his side.

“We need to get him inside, and find out what had happened.”

With the help of a few servants, Tsu’tey was brought to the healers ward.

The royal visiar asked, “ Prince Tsu’tey, what happened?”

Before tsu’tey could answer, he fell to his fever dreams.

X

Monique growled at the pain that shot through her body; not just from the blade in her spine but also from the shackles that burned into her skin. She looked around the dark room that she was in. Everything around her was made of stone. She looked at the shackle holding her left wrist and followed the chain to where it had been connected. She did the same to her right wrist. Her ankles were shackled and the chains led to the back of the room where they were connected to the back wall. The there was the collar that was around her neck, where the chains led down to the floor where she was kneeling.

    There was a thick stone door that held her in this dark room. When suddenly it opened. Looking up, Monique watched as her imposter walked around her and then cracked an evil smile.

“It's a shame.” The creature said.

Monique dragons coiled inside of her. Wait til the chains come off.

Monique tugged against the shackles which only led to more pain.

The thing chuckled, “All you ever do is fight.”

    The creature then shedded the skin it was wearing and showed it true form. It's skin was burned, it's eyes had an endless black in them.It's teeth, from what it had were razor sharp. And the smell that filled the room started making Monique sick to her stomach.

“What wrong… are you afraid?” it asked.

“I know no fear.” Monique said, tugging at the chains.

“Really, then why do you hide?”

“What are you talking about?”

The creature frowned, “I know the little secret or should I say your little secrets.”

Monique fought the chains.

“You know of what I speak of, don’t you?”

“I will kill you!” Monique yelled.

“Remember who is in shackles.” the thing said, “But I’ve grown bored of our little conversation, now do what I actually came in for.”

The thing turned back into Monique’s spitting image, and grabbed her by her hair. The creature unhinged it jaw and started breathing in. Monique and her dragon screamed at the feeling of part of her magic and soul being sucked out. After the creature finished, Monique went limp where only the chains were holding her up.

With that the creature walked out and locked the stone door once again.

X

The heat from his body started to rise.
"The prince is healing right now." the royal healer said.
Everyone watched as the wounds along Tsu'teys chest healed right before their eyes. After that Tsu'tey fell into a deep sleep.
"Everyone out, the prince needs to rest."
"I have never witnessed the families healing properties." The royal visiar said to the king.
"It is a sight to behold." The king said.
"Come now, let him rest. Oh, o e mpre thing, gather all the maps that we have of the five kingdoms."
"Yes my king."the royal visiar bowed.