Chapter Five

The sun had fully set and all of the street lamps were lit, and pulling up outside a small old bricked house close to the school was Riley’s black Audi TT Coupe parking his car up the long, bricked driveway which already had a small red car parked in front of it. He climbed out of his car, grabbing his backpack from the back seat, he closed the door behind him and clicked the alarm on the car keys switching it on as he jogged towards the steps of his house as the bitter winter breeze of autumn biting his skin. He reached the large wooden door, sliding his keys into the keyhole, he turned the keys pushing the door open and entering his house. He threw his keys into the key bowl on a wooden table beside the door whilst kicking the door shut with his foot. He walked down the small hallway with the old wooden floorboards creaking underneath his feet towards the living room, as he reached the door he heard the sound of the TV blurring out through the door, he placed his hand on the doorframe and peered his head around the door to find his sister, Meagan, thirteen years old with straight, long brown hair just above the elbows wearing a purple floral dress with a brown belt tied around her waist, she wore a pair of pink converses with one of her legs dangling off the edge of the sofa with her other leg underneath her. She was leaning back against the brown two seated sofa with beige floral cushions either side of the sofa whilst she flicked through the channels with the remote control.

“Can’t find a channel that you like,” he grinned causing her to snap her head around quickly to face him with her hand placed on her chest, her heart was pounding and beating out of her chest, her breathing became heavier and her eyebrows furrowed at him.

“Why do you do that to me all the time?” She screamed, “You know that it scares me.”

“Yeah,” he winked, “Why do you think that I do all the time?” He grinned playfully at her with a cheeky poke of the tongue towards her. Meagan turned her entire body around to face him as she kneeled up onto the sofa with her arms resting on the back of it.

“Where have you been?” She asked him curiously, “It’s really late and even I know that it doesn’t take you that long to get back home because we don’t live far from the school, and with your car, definitely doesn’t take that long.”

“Nosy,” he joked as he grinned at her.

She gasped, “Where you with a girl?” She questioned him.

“I may have been,” he winked playfully as he threw his backpack into the room with it sliding across the floor before stopping with a complete thud against the sofa opposite the door.

“Oh my god,” she squealed, “What was her name? What was her name?” She clapped her hands together cheerfully.

“Tammy,” he replied, “But we’re not like that, we’re just friends.”

“Pfft,” she laughed, “Yeah right, like I’m gonna believe that.”

“Why is it so hard for a girl and a guy to just be friends?” He threw at her as he headed down the hallway into the kitchen, Meagan pushed herself up off the sofa and chases him into the kitchen. Standing by the stove of the kitchen was a tall slender woman with dark blonde shoulder length with loose curls, she wore a white blouse with a pair of black trousers as she stared the tomato sauce in the saucepan with a wooden spoon.