Chapter 18 - Rowan/Feyre/Aelin

Rowan

I didn't know what to do or what to say. I didn't know whether my mate was in there any more, or whether she had turned into the shell that I had once been. I watched the two females as they left, and saw the subtle, pitiful look on Gavriel's face as he followed them. I turned to look out the large window that covered the wall. I watched the city breathe beneath me, heard their music, felt their joy radiating off them. The rainbow of the river wove its way through the middle of it all, glowing, glorious, under the light of the stars. I wondered if Aelin was looking at the same things, whether she would even be able to see the same thing from where they were putting her. I hope, mostly for their sakes, that it wasn't a cell. She wouldn't be caged again. I think she would rather die. 
"So, have they taken the Oath?" Mor asked. I couldn't open my mouth to respond, I just nodded. I could feel that black presence in the two females that was all too familiar. If they are to die, as the prophecy suggested, I hope they die free. But neither of them would be dying. I wouldn't let that happen, and I didn't think Rhysand would either. 

Feyre

I tugged on that twisted thing between myself and Aelin. She didn't respond, but she didn't need to, I knew she was listening to my words. 
Do you trust me? I whispered down that string. A noise of agreement sounded in response, and I took that as my cue to start moving. I looked at the window to my right, at the city below it, the rainbow at its heart, and I ran towards it. As I ran my wings pushed through my back, clinging to my sides as glass shattered around me and I started to fall towards the city below. 

Aelin

I ran to my window when I heard the crash and pushed my face up against the glass. At first I couldn't see anything, only the city and sky, and then I saw something. I saw Feyre plummeting down surrounded by shards of glass that looked like stars. Three figures emerged from, what I could only assume was, Feyre's window. They watched with mouths gaping as Feyre fell to what would have been her death, has those beautiful wings not stretched wide at the last second. The light of the stars and the moon shone through them. 

Her descent slowed until it stopped, and she turned to face my window and nodded. I smiled back slowly until it turned into a crazed grin. This ought to be fun. The door behind me crashed open in a storm of splinters as Lorcan thundered in. I walked towards him, one foot in front of the other, until he was just out of my reach, and then I turned and sprinted. If Feyre had been a falling piece of the night, I was a piece of the sun. My body burned in a fiery blaze, and only stopped when I did, caught in a pair of surprisingly strong arms. 

"She never said we had to go to them. We just have to be in the Night Court." I laughed out loud, the sound barely audible above the bustle of the city below. And despite the hurt inside, I felt happy for that split second there. It gave me a fright. 

**********

A/N
I'm baaaacckkkk!! I know, surprised myself too. It's been a long time, and I am honestly very sorry for that. I just lost all motivation for a while, but am finally back at it and am hoping to get in a chapter a week when I'm not busy (I'm in year 12 this year, final year of school, so might be every couple of weeks for the moment). 

I hope you guys continue to enjoy this story, and get excited for more chapters to come!

As always, like, comment, and share!

P.s. For those who have read my A Different Type of Meeting/Ending series, when ADToM gets to 50k reads I am going to be releasing the 'happy ending' version of the ending that I had saved :) So make sure you share it as much as possible to help me get there xx