Harriet is Janet's friend?

"June!" Called Daffy. "Yes?" a girl came bounding down the stairs, her hair swishing. "Come and say goodbye to me! You always forget to!" said Daffy fondly. "Bye, Daff! See you at half-term!" June said, for she looked up to her sister. "Golly! Look at the time!" Daffy said alarmingly. "Daphne Wish! Let's go!" Her mother shouted from her car. "Coming mummy!" Said Daffy, while she hurriedly grabbed her luggage and night-case. "Gosh! Look at you!" her mother exclaimed when Daffy climbed into the car. Daffy's hair was messy for she forgotten to comb it. "Oops! Sorry, mother." Said Daffy meekly while she took out her comb and started combing her black, smooth hair.

"Mummy, where are we going?" Asked Daffy once she saw that they were not heading to St Jane's. "Oh! We're going to pick Hilary up. Her parents have gone overseas and she is at home with her grandmother. Sadly, Hilary's parents are coming back tomorrow, so she is not able to say goodbye to them." Her mother replied with a hint of sadness in her voice. "Hilary? Yes!" Daffy punched her fist in the air. "We're here!" Her mother said cheerfully. And the car came round, revealing a house that is white in colour. "HILARY WITHERSPOON!" Daffy screamed. "Daffy Wish! Is there a need to yell like this?" her mother asked, covering her ears. "Well, if not how is Hilary going to know that we are here?" Daffy replied cheekily. "Ooh, look, mummy, she's here!"

And out came a girl with her hair let down, carrying her luggage and night-case. "Hallo, Daffy! Hallo, Mrs Wish! Where's Daffy's father? I thought he's usually the one driving?" Hilary said, while going in the car after putting her luggage and night-case in the boot. "Hallo, Hilary. Daffy's father has caught a flu, so he's staying at home. Poor thing." Shuddered Mrs Wish. "Hallo, Hilary!" Daffy said. Hilary hugged her. "Thank god! I've been wanting to talk to you!" Daffy's eyes twinkled, "I suppose it's nothing that got to do with you?" Hilary punched Daffy's arm good-naturedly, "No! It's about our classmates!" Daffy perked up at that piece of information. "Who's coming? Has anyone been moved up?" Hilary sighed, "Well, of course! Ginny's been moved up, for she scored higher than anyone of us, and she's also over the age." Daffy frowned, "She's been moved? I never knew that she was over age. Who's' new in our form?" Hilary nodded her head, "Ginny is over age! Our new friends are Winifred and Opal Quinn, who are twins."

Daffy's mother frowned an looked at them, "Opal and Winifred sounds like they are trouble. Be careful of them, Daffy and Hilary; treat them the way they want to be treated."

"Okay, Mummy." Said Daffy. "I wonder is Harriet Perris is going to come back. She caused trouble. But I kind of like her, for she's actually a good sport." Hilary shook her head. "Of course! She's Tammy's sister! Remember that Tammy confessed to us before the last few weeks of school started? Harriet became better then." Hilary blinked, "Oh, yes. I also hope that no one in our form this year is going to do something bad, for it would be a disgrace to us first formers." Soon, they reached the train station, which looked empty.

"We're here, Daffy and Hilary. It looks like there is only Rachel and Pam in the tea shop." Announced Daffy's mother. "Mum! Can we have some money to have supper with them? I'm starving!" Asked Daffy, for she heard her stomach rumbling. "You sure have a good appetite! Come, Daffy, I shall give you some money, for you to share with Hilary for your supper, even though you are going to eat supper later at school." Daffy's mother laughed, while she took out her money. "Thank you, Mrs Wish!" Hilary exclaimed, though she had enough money to buy her own food. "Bye, mummy! Hilary, let's go!" Daffy said, climbing out of the car, and taking out their luggage and night-case. "Bye, Mrs Wish." Hilary said, and followed Daffy. Daffy's mother watched them go, a wistful look in her face.

"Look! That's Daffy and Hilary coming to the tea shop! Let's go and welcome them!" Rachel said suddenly. "Golly! You're right!" Pam exclaimed when she saw the black hair of Daffy's and Hilary's hair. "Daffy! Hilary!" Rachel yelled, making the people around her look at her in amusement. "Hallo, Rachel! Hallo, Pam!" Said Daffy. They went over to where Rachel was sitting and ordered a unicorn cake that was covered in white, vanilla icing and edible flowers at the top and two cups of coffee. "It's so good to be back!" Hilary said, while Daffy frowned at them. "Hey, Rachel and Pam. Why were the two of you so early? You're the first one today!" Rachel waved her hand dismissively, "Oh, Pam wanted to tell me something, so I had to come earlier. Pam, tell them what you wanted to tell me!" Pam looked flustered, "Well, I said that there are two new girls called Ivy Penny and Doris Elizabeth. They came from my old school, St Hilda's. They are a pair of jolly kids, fine with anything. But Ivy always follows the rich girls and does whatever the rich girls do." Daffy laughed.

"What's wrong with you, Daffy?" Asked Rachel curiously. "Well, we also have new girls, twins, by the way. They are a bunch of stuck-up twins. I think that they might go well with our dear Tammy Perris."Daffy laughed, tears trickling down her rosy cheeks. "Oh! Daffy, do you know Tammy Perris is not coming with us anymore? She's been moved up to the second form!" Rachel said blankly. "Oh. Sorry. Harriet is still staying with us. She's friends with Janet, did you know?" Daffy said, her face going red. "Talking about Janet, I think she's here..." Pam said distractedly, while Daffy and Hilary munched on their cake. "Janet!" Yelled Rachel, for she had also seen Janet too. "Idiot! She's so far away!" Pam hissed, making Rachel smile. "Sorry." Fortunately, Janet saw Rachel waving, and waved back. "Yes! She saw me!" Rachel cheered. Hilary smiled. Rachel was so cute when she got it right.

"She's telling us to come!" Said Daffy. So the four of them quickly packed her things and ran to Janet.

"Golly! You guys are like a bunch of kids!" snorted Janet, with a twinkle in her eye. "Janet, hallo!" a cheery voice greeted them.

"Harriet! You're here!" Janet smiled. Daffy shook Janet, "Old girl, why are you friends with her?" Janet sighed, "She's not a bad sort. I like her awfully." Pam grinned, "Sure! Why not we be friends with her too?" Janet whipped her head around and stared at Pam disbelievingly. But she saw the twinkle in Pam's eye, so she laughed, "Well, anything!" She turned and looked at Harriet, linking her arm with her. "Let's go, guys! Ms Kelly is over there!" Sure enough, Ms Kelly was standing at the train platform, ticking attendance. Cars started coming and coming, making the train station crowded. "Ms Kelly!" Shouted Harriet, making Daffy grin at Hilary. "Harriet Perris! You make me deaf!" Ms Kelly yelled back. "Well, I just did that so to ensure that she's not deaf!" Harriet said, while Janet giggled, "Harriet! You are crazy!" Daffy laughed, "Harriet, you really are a baby!" Harriet stuck out her tongue at Daffy and Janet. She started chasing them, making them squeal and run away.

"What's wrong with those three?" a familiar voice asked. "Nora! Tessa! Penny! Gladys!" Cried Hilary, while the four of them waved to them. "What's wrong with them?" Asked Penny, pointing to Daffy, Janet, and Harriet. "Oh! Harriet's is Janet's best friend, and then Harriet yelled at Ms Kelly, making Ms Kelly almost go red!" Explained Rachel. "Golly! Harriet?" Said Gladys, who watched the chase. "Well, Ginny went up to the second form, so she does not have any friend. She decided to pair up with Harriet Perris." Pam said, waving to her friend, Vera Goodman. "Well, let's see what will happen to them!" Tessa said who enjoyed seeing people argue about small little things. "And I suppose I will see what will happen to the ten of you if you don't go on the train right now after I've ticked your name." a deep voice sounded behind them. "Ms Kelly! Sorry, Ms Kelly. We were talking about Janet and Harriet." Rachel said, shocked by her appearance. "Talking about Janet and Harriet, I think I need to call them back. These days, kids are even more playful!" Said Ms Kelly, shaking her head. "JANET! HARRIET! DAFFY! Come back!" Ms Kelly yelled. Daffy stopped running, "Golly! Jan, Harr, Ms Kelly's calling us!" Janet and Harriet stopped running and went over to Ms Kelly with Daffy on their heels.

"What do you think the three of you are doing? The trains almost going to leave!" Ms Kelly demanded once they had reached her. "Sorry, Ms Kelly," Chorused the three red-faced girls. "Now, go on the train and I hope you wouldn't cause any trouble on board!" Ms Kelly ordered once after she had ticked their name on her name list.

"Yes, Ms Kelly." The ten girls muttered and trooped off to their carriage which was surprisingly empty- except for Genevieve (aka Ginny) was there. "Guys! Where have you been?" Ginny asked, once they entered the carriage. "Somewhere over the rainbow!" Janet replied, excited to see Ginny, her ex best friend. "Hallo, Janet." Ginny said with a cool voice that shocked the watching girls, including Janet, who once used to be her best friend.