Fall near the fault

🍁

As I walk towards the fault, I admire all of the glowing leaves in the cool dusk of autumn.

I shiver and pull my scarf closer to my face. Mentally reminding myself to bring an extra scarf next time.

Walking to the fault, I just close my eyes and breathe, listening to the birds sing to each other.

Settling into the spot in which is my prayer spot, I exhale slowly and talk to God.

For a while, I had been praying for a friend, and in that time my only friend was Him.

But he is so faithful, that he gave me my best friend Katilin, and she is exactly what I had needed.

A tear rolls down my cold cheeks as the conversation goes on

Lord, thank you.

Thank you for dying for me, and loving me, through everything.

You are truly the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Thank you for my parents, and my sibling in heaven, whether it is a sister or brother, and thank you that I will see her - or him - someday.

Please give me strength to live for you.

Thank you Jesus, Amen.

Opening my eyes, I saw a delicate butterfly fly over the fault, stopping to land on a bush on the other side.

I sigh, butterflies have always been fascinating to me. And it seems like everytime I talk to God, he sends me a butterfly. Like a little gesture of His love for me.