Chapter 1

Elle Isaiah is a typical 17 yo right? Wrong! Elle has a different life than most people. When girls are in the bathroom talking about their boyfriends, Elle is thinking of a way to escape her father's abuse. She never can. It's nearly impossible for her it seems, until....
*Elle's POV*
"My first day of college. Fun" I say sarcastically. I still prefer boring old school than being at home. I marched off to class with that thought in my head.  When I got to class I was the only one there because I'm usually always early for classes.
*FLASHBACK*
*RINGGGGGG* "Oh shoot I'm late!" I rushed to my class.
"Miss.Elle! You're late!" My teacher barked.
"I know, I'm sorry bu-" I started.
"I don't want to hear it! DETENTION!!" She yapped.
I sat down in my desk and sighed. Detention is better than being at home, I reminded myself. If I have detention at the end of the day, which I do, I arrive at home later!
*TIMESKIP TO WHEN SHE GETS HOME, CUZ IM LAZY*
"ELLE ELIZEBETH ISAIAH!!!!" My father bellowed.
"Yes, daddy?" I responded quietly.
"WHY ARE YOU HOME SO LATE?!?!" He screamed.
"I got detention. " I mumbled.
I felt the familiar sensation of a sharp sting across my cheek. He slapped me, I knew that for sure. Then I felt an agonizing pain in my arm, he punched me. I gripped my arm and saw the bruise already forming on it.
"NEXT TIME YOU'RE HOME LATE, YOU WILL GET A WORSE BEATING THAN THIS!!!!" He slurred. He was drunk and mad. He was always mad, except when he was at work. I never understood why he always takes out his anger on me. The only child, HIS only child. The one that is a reminder to my dad, of my mother. He loved mama. WHY CAN'T HE LOVE ME?!
*END OF FLASHBACK*
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Go and check out my instagram: @collinsanddevan101fan                                (325 words)