Chapter Two

I woke wrapped in a blanket, on the ground below the tree house. I tried to say something, but all I did was...growl. I all of a sudden was fairly awake and I tried to scramble out of the blanket, but what didn't help was that I wasn't me anymore. Instead of getting out of the blanket, I wrapped myself tighter. I roared in frustration and glared at the surrounding objects, and saw my boyfriend, Leo, sitting next to me and watching me sadly. I glared at him and chuffed, flailing my hands around as much as I could. He got the message and scooted closer to me, and grabbed the edge of the blanket, pulling. He huffed in the effort and finally got me unwrapped. I stood up and looked down at my...paws. I fell backwards and gasped as I landed on my tail. I got back up and turned in a circle, studying what parts of me I could see. I glared at my flank and saw that I had fur, and the color of my fur was orange, and I had black stripes. I looked up at Leo, question filling my eyes. What he did next was twice as surprising as knowing that I was a tiger. He sighed, and shifted. He got onto the ground, and I watched as he turned into a lion. I stumbled backwards and pressed against the tree, surprised and scared. My boyfriend is a lion. And I'm a tiger. I thought, too surprised to comprehend anything else.

"What are you?" I asked.

"I'm a shape-shifter. Leo in original English means lion, so that's what I am." He said, shaping back into his original state, a human. "We are hiding all over the world, and I was sent here to watch over you." He said, still speaking my language.

"When can I shape back to a human?" I demanded.

"Um...you can't. At least, not for a couple of days." Leo rubbed the back of his neck and looked apologetically at me, "You have to get used to this body. We all go through it."

"A couple days?!" I hissed, clawing at the ground, "In a couple of days, my mother will be tracking me down with the cops on her tail."

"That's already taken care of. Jade told her that you have a project that's huge and you need to sleep over at her place for a couple of days till it's done."

"So where do I sleep? I am not going back home like this, that's for sure." I growl, sitting down in the grass.

Leo smiled, "Stay at my place."

"My mom would never allow it. Neither would Jade....wait, does she know about you and the whole...shifting thing?"

He laughed and nodded, "Yeah. She's part of a group called, SPA."

"Spa? Like, 'Oh, let's have a spa day' kind of spa?"

"No, silly tiger." Leo grinned, "It means, 'Shifter Protection Agency'. They help protect the species of Shifters."

"Oh..." She said, turning her head as she saw Jade come towards her from the house.

"Leo, her Mom's here to see her." She said worriedly, and looked down at me sadly. "What are we going to do?" She asked.