Chapter 3

After a few minutes of spacing out in the bathroom to process what just happened, I made my way into the kitchen to get a drink. Everyone seems to have a good time. I hope Inés will come soon because I don't know half of the people here.

« Hey babe » Nora said imitating Cris's voice. Nora is one of Cris's childhood best friends. Whenever we meet I always end up somehow feeling intimidated by her.

« Hey Nora. Be careful you know Cris hates it when you're mocking her. » I said smiling

« I know but I love to tease her.» she said smiling back at me.

« Enjoying the party ? » I said trying to start a conversation.

« It's fun but I'm still waiting to hear Bad Bunny blasting through the apartment.»

« I'm sure we can arrange that. » I said laughing.

« How is Cris ? I feel like something is bothering her lately but she doesn't open up to me so I don't know what is it.» Nora asked me out of nowhere.

« Don't worry I think she's fine. She is probably overthinking something. I'll try to talk to her tomorrow though to make sure she's alright. » I answered.

« I'm glad she can always count on a person like you. » she said smiling. « I just wish she would settle down with someone and count on that special someone too. She deserves it after what she's been through with her parents. » she added.

I was going to reply when Cris made her way into the kitchen.

« What were you talking about? » she asked us suspiciously.

« We were talking about you and your nonexistent love life. » Nora answered.

« Don't worry about me. I might not have a love life but my sex life is for sure much more interesting than yours. » She said taking some ice and putting it in her cup.

« You're always so funny. I don't know how you didn't end up being a comedian. » Nora said sarcastically. « I don't know how Joana put up with you. » She ended smiling.

« Joana understands me and always defends me . That's why we're friends. » Cris said.

« Actually..... Nora is right. » I told her smirking.

« Yes girl!! » Nora said giving me a high five.

« I can't believe you just took her side. » Cris said rolling her eyes.

« I'm just concerned about your heart. I feel like it's not capable of beating anymore. » I said teasing her.

« Omg Alejandro is here!! It's my cue to leave. » Nora said running in the living room and making me laugh in the process.

As Nora was leaving, Inés came in.

« Inés! » I said smiling and went for a hug.

« Hey » she said hugging me back.

« Hi girl. » Cris said.