Prologue: Chapter 1

July 5th, 2020: Zürich, Switzerland: United Nations Peace Conference

(Enters room)

Investigator Stevenson: "Well hello, Commander Aleksard Rascalov Nikerovich. How are you today?"

Alek: "I am fine for now. How about you?"

Investigator Jackson: "We're fine. Care for a cigarette, Commander?"

Alek: "Da(Yes)*, thank you"

Stevenson: "Now let's cut to the chase. Do you know why you're here, Commander Rascalov?"

Alek: "Niet(No)*. I do not know why I am here. And if I may ask, why am I being detained by the elite investigators the UN has to offer?"

Jackson: "Does the name Edward Shalkan ring a bell?"

Alek: "Da(Yes)*. Why?"

Stevenson: "Apparently the whole world wants him dead"

Alek: "It's an unfair world, my friend"

Jackson: "He killed a Russian politician and injured another, triggered civil wars in almost every nation in the Middle East and in Russia, killed a US senator, killed many military officials from almost every country and CEO's from various prestigious companies!"

Stevenson: "He is wanted since 1993. We have no images, no videos, no reports since 2018 and no finger print or facial ID. He is wanted for murder, terrorism, genocide, bank robbery, weapons trafficking, illegal armory and bases and warmongering"

Alek: "Da(Yes)*... but he saved the world couple of times. I am sure you have heard of it"

Jackson: "Yeah. And then he fucked it up! Where is he!?"

Alek: "I do not know"

Jackson: "So what, he just disappeared!?"

Alek: "I do not know!"

Stevenson: "You are General Aleksard Rascalov of the Russian Federation, right?"

Alek: "Da(Yes)*"

Stevenson: "You were a Spetnaz in the Zenith Group from 1985 through 1991 and currently the Marshal of the Russian Federation Army, correct?"

Alek: "Da(Yes)*"

Stevenson: "You served in Afghanistan, Georgia and a couple of proxy wars including the second Russian Civil War and World War III. And you were sent to a Gulag located in Siberia in 1991 after the break of the USSR, am I right?"

Alek: "Da(Yes)*"

Stevenson: "And you are the best gunslinger in the world?"

Alek: "Da(Yes)*, you are correct"

Stevenson: "Do you know where he is?"

Alek: "I do not know"

Stevenson: "Then can you tell me how it happened?"

Alek: "Niet(No)*... but I can tell you how it all began"

Stevenson: "Okay then, I'm listening"

Alek: "Have you ever heard about the legend of the Shalkan Curse?"

Stevenson: "No, why?"

Alek: "Because with that is how it all began"