Prolouge

"I've got a job here" I reassured, trying to comfort my younger brother. "Do you really think that matters? I'm a dead man anyway, you being here only makes that worse." He argued, pacing back and forth in my office. "I've got a plan alright, nothings going to happen to you I promise." I said, with a sense of finality, I may not be the one stuck in a jail cell but I was the reason he was there, and hell would freeze over before I let my younger brother rot in jail. He froze, unmoving before turning to face me, his usually soft eyes wide and full of fear. "Promise me you won't do anything stupid!" He begged, his eyes full of an emotion I wish he'd never had to experience in the first place. When he was met with only silence, his begging continued."Promise me! Promise me!"
"Your appointment is over, you need to return to your cell." I said emotionlessly, whilst I walked past to open the door. His pleading continued but I called over a guard, all while desperately trying to avoid his chocolate brown eyes because I knew that if I looked at him, I'd cave. I watched with empty eyes  as the guard cuffed my brother before walking him out of the room. I ran a hand through my hair as the door closed, before desperately trying to  compose myself before the next inmate came for their appointment. "I can do this, I can do this, I can do this." I whispered to myself as I walked over to my desk, before collapsing into the creaky desk chair. I had to keep my cool, one wrong move and my cover could be blown. Sitting up straighter, I gathered the last of my remaining energy into placing a fake smile on my face, right in time for my next appointment. Yet just as I did a pair of stunningly blue eyes caught my attention through the window that looked into Dr Tancredi's office. The eyes belonged to a rather toned man who sat patiently on one of the hospital beds whilst the Dr herself was gathering equipment in the other side of the room. It wasn't the mans eye colour though that caught my attention, it was the the look on his face that showed that he'd been watching me the entire time.