Last Night

Here I am waiting,

I'll have to leave soon

Why am I holding on?

We knew this day would come

We knew it all along

How did it, come so fast?

Leo looked towards the horizon as he sighed. If he had any chance of getting back in time for the prophecy, he knew he would have to leave the island, but he didn't want to leave. He hadn't entertained the fact that he would have to leave yet, but it was sneaking up on him, fast. He knew it would be soon, but he wished it wasn't so soon.

This is our last night

But it's late, and I'm trying not to sleep

Cause I know, when I wake,

I will have to slip away

He doesn't want to sleep, even though he is exhausted from all the work he's been putting into the navigation device. He just wants to stare at the girl he most definitely does not like, but he can't help it. When he goes, she'll never see him again.

Here I am staring, at your perfection

In my arms, so beautiful

The sky is getting bright, the stars are burning out,

Somebody slow it down

She fell asleep against him at some point during the night, and as he hugs her closer, he can't help but admire her. Her hair, her freckles, every little thing about her that makes her imperfect, but in his eyes, flawless. The sky is slowly lightening and the beautiful stars are fading, but he wants it to stay dark forever, so that he can hold her forever.

This is way too hard, cause I know,

When the sun comes up, I will leave,

This is my last glance

That will soon be memory.

He spent hours memorizing her every feature, but he didn't want to leave. If he didn't leave, he would never have to memorize her, because he'd be with her every minute of every day. Memories had a funny way of vanishing on you, but that would never happen with her.

I never want it to stop

Because I don't wanna start all over

Start all over

I was afraid of the dark but now it's

All that I want, all that I want, all that I want...

If he leaves, but manages to come back, will it be like nothing ever happened? Will they forget their time together? Will the spark fizzle out? Being a fire guy, Leo was all for keeping the spark going, even if it meant staying. But he had to go. He understood exactly how Percy felt now. And even though Clytius gave him the heeby-jeebies, and he was more of a light guy, he couldn't get enough of the darkness for now.

And when the daylight comes I'll have to go

But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close

Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own

But tonight I need to hold you so close

AN: That was Daylight, from Maroon 5's Overexposed. This just occurred to me when I read The House of Hades, and it took a while for me to get it right. Thank you.